Sardinia

GearóId Ó Laoi

Guest
My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March. Starting
and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely
mountainous.

Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple of times, but wanted to
try Sardinia.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

I don't know that I have any advice about Sardinia beyond be sure and have the fun that one may have
there. Of all the places I 'saw' while in the military, I imagine that I liked Sardinia the best. I
had the least language problems, loved the food, the people, the terrain. I saw Sardinia a bit, from
Palau to Olbia, and La Madelena and adjacent islands.

"Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
> Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60
miles
> a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely mountainous.
>
> Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple
of
> times, but wanted to try Sardinia.
>
> Thanks for any advice you may have.

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:23:24 -0000 in rec.bicycles.rides, "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
> Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if
> severely mountainous.

Please post a report when you return...

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Dennis P. Harris wrote:
> "Gear=F3id =D3 Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
> > Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 m=
iles
> > a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely mountainous.
> Please post a report when you return...

Stop by on your way if you go by ferry through Livorno.

Sergio Pisa

"Gear id Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
> Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if
> severely mountainous.
>
> Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple of times, but wanted to
> try Sardinia.
>
> Thanks for any advice you may have.

Have your read "The Lead Goat Veered Off" by Neil and Sharon Anderson? It's available from Cycle
Logic Press (and it's about biking in Sardina.)

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:52:01 -0900 in rec.bicycles.rides, [email protected] (Dennis P.
Harris) wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:23:24 -0000 in rec.bicycles.rides, "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

as result of my post, i received UCE from one angelo bandini of AS Abcycle in Citta' S.Angelo. i
urge anyone contemplating a visit to sardinia to boycott this business, and never do business with
someone like him who trolls newsgroups so that he can SPAM email addresses harvested from
newsgroups.

don't feed the spammers, folks.

"Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at
the
> beginning of March. Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about
60 miles
> a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely mountainous.
>
> Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a
couple of
> times, but wanted to try Sardinia.
>
> Thanks for any advice you may have.

Hi,

Take a look at the Travel to the Horizon website; especially
http://www.raph.nl/bicycle/travel/europe/italy/ There you'll find a link to "Sardinia by bike":
http://www.sardiniabybike.cjb.net/ Another site that pops up when you search for Sardinia is
http://www.cyclelogicpress.com/J/LGV/00LGV.html from Neil Anderson: "The Lead Goat Veered Off - A
Bicycling Adventure on Sardinia".

Happy cycling!

Raph de Rooij www.raph.nl

In message <[email protected]>, "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee"
<[email protected]> writes
>My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
>Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely
>mountainous.
>
>Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple of times, but wanted to
>try Sardinia.
>
>Thanks for any advice you may have.

Garry, I guess you've left for Sardinia now. I only saw this today. I was there last Summer. Great
place. Hope you have (had) fun.
--
Michael MacClancy

Hello from the South-west-coast of Sardinia: we are an Italian family who lives in a famous Biking area: and we rent nice vacation houses and well equipped self-catering apartements. From 10 Euros daily for one person. http://www.sardinienurlaub.org:D