Sardinia

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by GearóId Ó Laoi, Feb 16, 2003.

  1. My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March. Starting
    and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely
    mountainous.

    Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple of times, but wanted to
    try Sardinia.

    Thanks for any advice you may have.

    Tags:

  2. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    I don't know that I have any advice about Sardinia beyond be sure and have the fun that one may have
    there. Of all the places I 'saw' while in the military, I imagine that I liked Sardinia the best. I
    had the least language problems, loved the food, the people, the terrain. I saw Sardinia a bit, from
    Palau to Olbia, and La Madelena and adjacent islands.

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
    > Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60
    miles
    > a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely mountainous.
    >
    > Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple
    of
    > times, but wanted to try Sardinia.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice you may have.

  3. On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:23:24 -0000 in rec.bicycles.rides, "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
    > Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if
    > severely mountainous.

    Please post a report when you return...

  4. On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Dennis P. Harris wrote:
    > "Gear=F3id =D3 Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
    > > Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 m=
    iles
    > > a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely mountainous.
    > Please post a report when you return...

    Stop by on your way if you go by ferry through Livorno.

    Sergio Pisa

  5. "Gear id Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
    > Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if
    > severely mountainous.
    >
    > Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple of times, but wanted to
    > try Sardinia.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice you may have.

    Have your read "The Lead Goat Veered Off" by Neil and Sharon Anderson? It's available from Cycle
    Logic Press (and it's about biking in Sardina.)

  6. On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:52:01 -0900 in rec.bicycles.rides, [email protected] (Dennis P.
    Harris) wrote:

    > On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:23:24 -0000 in rec.bicycles.rides, "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    as result of my post, i received UCE from one angelo bandini of AS Abcycle in Citta' S.Angelo. i
    urge anyone contemplating a visit to sardinia to boycott this business, and never do business with
    someone like him who trolls newsgroups so that he can SPAM email addresses harvested from
    newsgroups.

    don't feed the spammers, folks.

  7. Www.Raph.Nl

    Www.Raph.Nl Guest

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...
    > My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at
    the
    > beginning of March. Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about
    60 miles
    > a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely mountainous.
    >
    > Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a
    couple of
    > times, but wanted to try Sardinia.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice you may have.

    Hi,

    Take a look at the Travel to the Horizon website; especially
    http://www.raph.nl/bicycle/travel/europe/italy/ There you'll find a link to "Sardinia by bike":
    http://www.sardiniabybike.cjb.net/ Another site that pops up when you search for Sardinia is
    http://www.cyclelogicpress.com/J/LGV/00LGV.html from Neil Anderson: "The Lead Goat Veered Off - A
    Bicycling Adventure on Sardinia".

    Happy cycling!

    Raph de Rooij www.raph.nl

  8. In message <[email protected]>, "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee"
    <[email protected]> writes
    >My lady wife Mary and I are going cycling in Sardinia for 9 days at the beginning of March.
    >Starting and finishing in Alghero. We do about 60 miles a day, depending on terrain. 50 if severely
    >mountainous.
    >
    >Anyone with any experience of this island? We've been to Corsica a couple of times, but wanted to
    >try Sardinia.
    >
    >Thanks for any advice you may have.

    Garry, I guess you've left for Sardinia now. I only saw this today. I was there last Summer. Great
    place. Hope you have (had) fun.
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  9. Sardine

    Sardine New Member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2003
    Hello from the South-west-coast of Sardinia: we are an Italian family who lives in a famous Biking area: and we rent nice vacation houses and well equipped self-catering apartements. From 10 Euros daily for one person. http://www.sardinienurlaub.org:D