Saris Bones bike carriers

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Daz1980, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Daz1980

Daz1980 New Member

Does any one have a saris bones bike carrier?

Are they the best option for a hatchback with no towbar?

Has anyone tried other brands?

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Daz

Tags:

2. robalert

robalert New Member

my bro has on for his 200SX

they are the best of the strap ons but still cause some damage to your paint work and difficult to fit with unconventional frames

I got a Thule clip on, heaps more secure, made for the car, fits any bike, but only for hatchbacks

if you have a sedan, and towbars aren't too exxy, then go for a towbar one instead

3. strummer_fan

strummer_fan New Member

I have a Saris Bones and I'm very happy with it. I have used it on different cars, with different bikes, and it has been just fine.

I have had some damage to the finish, but that could be more my fault than inherent in the design of the carrier.

Good Luck!

4. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

The Bones carrier is a great piece of kit. To avoid damage to paint or window glass, clean the surfaces and the rubber feet before mounting.
    It's a much better engineering solution than the towbar carriers and avoids the nasty crunch of the bike on the roof as you drive into that underground car park...
    It wouldn't work very well for odd-shaped frames, but may be no worse than a towbar rack in this regard.

5. Daz1980

Daz1980 New Member

Thanks guys.

Just have to wait for the LBS now. They only have the three bike carrier and i want the 2 bike carrier.

Daz