Sarting Riding Again, Need a New Bike!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by simmo0916, Mar 28, 2010.

1. simmo0916

simmo0916 New Member

Hi Guys, this is my first post here!

Ok, so a few years ago i was riding, and really enjoyed myself. I didnt have the bike ( a felt) sized for me etc, i literally just got on it rode.

Now I'm starting again and want to do it properly. I have been convinced by a friend that the BMC Race Master SLX 2009. Is this going to be a good first bike?
    For me, Its the best looking bike i have seen (i have done a bit of browsing) and the only other bikes that appeal to me are the Felt bikes.

Any other tips you can give me? Any links to stuff you think i should read through etc. Any help appreciated guys.

Tags:

2. CalicoCat

CalicoCat Member

It doesn't matter what the bike looks like (well, it doesn't matter much). what is really important is that the bike fit correctly.

Once you find bikes that fits well, you want to chose the one that rides well. Stiff, smooth, no vibration, etc. This is all related to the frame. Once you have narrowed down your frame choices choose the bike with the best components in your pricerange (or have your LBS swap out components for the ones you want).

Don't spend more than you want to spend (you'll resent the bike) but buy the best bike in your pricerange, even if it is at the upper limit of your price range) because you really can buy quality when it comes to a bike.

Don't be afraid to test ride a lot of bikes!!!!