Sastre to "prepare" for TT?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by serpico7, Jul 23, 2008.

1. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

Given the time gap, Sastre can win with a little bit of "preparation". This is his last best shot at a Tour victory, and if he gets caught, the 2yr ban may not mean much to him.

Tags:

2. Ullefan

Ullefan New Member

This is false! He will win because the yellow jersey brings out the power from witith. :D

3. missile

missile New Member

That makes no sense, If he gets caught he'd just lose the yellow jersey anyway.

4. thunder

thunder New Member

bus gas, artificial hemoglobin, stimulants

5. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

Exactly. He doesn't need to get hopped up like Ricco, just a little something something.

6. interested

interested New Member

So, what about Cadel Evans? Do you think he needs preparation too?

--
    Regards

7. thunder

thunder New Member

definitely, the guy sucked today on the alpe

8. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Chipotle burritos with a lot of hot sauce. That'll do it.

9. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Congrats to Carlos Sastre for a great ride!!! Even if he doesn't win the race, he proved he has the heart of a champion...

10. Lonnie Utah

Lonnie Utah Banned

I agree with this. Rather than just sit and cover, Sastre did what it took to put himself in a position to win. Panache'!

11. TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord New Member

LOL. If we see Sastre head over to the Garmin team for food, we know why. :D

12. serpico7

serpico7 New Member

It was a great ride by Sastre, but it's not like he had the option of sitting and covering. If he had the legs, he had to go. Turns out he had the legs.

13. Denia

Denia New Member

Whisky and a couple of beers aka as a "Landis rocket" by barmen in the know.

14. hawkeye87

hawkeye87 New Member

I disagree.

He can completely outgun BOTH Sastre and Schleck in the time trial. So long as he limited his losses to Carlos, he was fine. Why blow himself up and compromise himself for Saturday when it is not necessary?

If Carlos pulls off a miracle performance, we know he's hopped up on something. But I don't think he can stay 1.34 min. ahead of Cadel in a ITT.

15. jonjungel

jonjungel New Member

Sastre needs more time on Evans, and he knows it. So I think CSC-SB are going to try something on stage 18. Send Voigt and/or Cancellara up the road early. Go hard on the cat. 3, and catch up to them at the top. If Sastre has a 20 second gap, there is a chance it could work. Probably it won't, but IMO it's their only option to win this race.

16. thoughtforfood

thoughtforfood New Member

Very good post. I think tomorrow will be an exciting day, but in the end I don't think it will amount to anything other than some excitement that ends in re-grouping by the finish.

17. TheDarkLord

TheDarkLord New Member

Well guys and gals, since Lim doesn't seem to be around, I have created a thread for the next stage...

18. mitosis

mitosis New Member

He might have. Or maybe he is just smart. We'll see on saturday.

19. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Don't rule out Menchov. It's not totally impossible for him to put a minute on Evans in the TT. He beat him in both TT's at last year's Vuelta (granted Cadel had peaked for the TdF).

From my perspective... it's a kinda no-lose situation. Either Cadel makes the required time on Carlos and Frank... or Carlos, Menchov or Schleck ride the TT of their lives to win it. All those scenarios would be good to watch for me (though the first one is preferred... [​IMG]).

20. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

Forget Frank. Menchev probably can't make up the 2 mins + on sastre, Sastre isn't a bad TT'er, just not in the elite class....It's out of cadel & sastre...sastre will have the advantage of going last & knowing all the time splits he needs to hit...of course this could have a negative affect if he goes to hard trying to hit them & 'blows' completely in the 2nd half....I reckon we could see it decided by only a few seconds either way...Cadel will beat sastre in the TT, no doubt, but will be able to make up 1.34?...I'll be glad when this is over...these 2am finishes (AEST) & then fronting up to work are killing me!