Sastre to "prepare" for TT?

Anybody know what the prevailing winds generally are in the area of the TT? (Cérilly - Saint Amand Montrond)
ie:tail, head winds etc.

Trev_S said:
Anybody know what the prevailing winds generally are in the area of the TT? (Cérilly - Saint Amand Montrond)
ie:tail, head winds etc.
The wind prediction on Saturday for nearby Chateauroux is 5-10mph from WSW. So assuming the same wind direction in the surrounding 80km... the first 10km out of Cerilly should be downwind then they will swing around to a more westerly direction and it will be more into their faces and across from the left. The last 10km should be directly into the wind... if the forecasts are correct. Currently the wind is from the east...and its expected to swing around to a southerly wind on Friday... then thw WSW wind on Saturday.

TheDarkLord said:
Well guys and gals, since Lim doesn't seem to be around, I have created a thread for the next stage...
I think we need a Stage 20 ITT thread as well... so I set one up.

serpico7 said:
Given the time gap, Sastre can win with a little bit of "preparation". This is his last best shot at a Tour victory, and if he gets caught, the 2yr ban may not mean much to him.

large_Cow.jpg

Moo!

serpico7 said:
Given the time gap, Sastre can win with a little bit of "preparation". This is his last best shot at a Tour victory, and if he gets caught, the 2yr ban may not mean much to him.
I predict he's going to ride like he just stole something but I don't think he would actually try to steal the yellow jersey. That would be stupid of him.

Maybe going last could be an advantage for him but even with the yellow jersey on his back, if his performance in the first time trial is any indication of his time trialling inabilities I think we'll see Cadel beat him by enough time to take back the lead.

David_Zen said:
I predict he's going to ride like he just stole something but I don't think he would actually try to steal the yellow jersey. That would be stupid of him.

Maybe going last could be an advantage for him but even with the yellow jersey on his back, if his performance in the first time trial is any indication of his time trialling inabilities I think we'll see Cadel beat him by enough time to take back the lead.
1. Like you, many expect that he cannot ride a fast enough TT to win. He probably thinks the same thing.

2. This is his last best shot. Unless Andy gets busted, I would think he is their GC candidate next year.

3. Doping is not guaranteed to result in detection. For any given stage's doping control, they don't test for everything that there is a test for. And there are some substances for which there is no test. And there are other substances for which there is a test, but judicious use can keep the rider below detectable levels.

Contador was as hopped up as anyone we've seen in recent years, but he's passed plenty of controls at the Tour and Giro. And Ras never tested positive at last year's Tour. Even Sastre's own teammate, A. Schleck, seems superhuman - while he may not have been controlled yet, the way they are letting him shut down every attack, CSC must be pretty confident that Andy would pass a doping control.

4. Sastre himself knows everything mentioned in point #3 - do you really think Sastre has been clean his entire career?