Satified Bike Owner Pole

OscarC

Oct 28, 2005
Please choose one, sorry if you're specific maker is not included. Choose other if you're bike is not listed and tell us what make and if you are satisfied or not with your bike. Also, tell us very briefly why, if you were unsatsified.

I have two TREK bikes. My mt. bike, a 1997 Trek 8000, I love. It's stable, comfortable, and looks good. I could ride it all day (and usually do). But my road bike, a 1994 TREK 2200, could use some improvements. It has entry level Campy componants. Usually Campy lasts forever but I have been having problems with the brake lever/shifters (LBS thinks it is a broken thing-a-mer-bob... I forgot what is was but at least it's repairable). The frame has the three main tubes in carbon fiber and the rear seat stay and fork in aluminum which leads to a lot of horizontal flex in the BB area. It also has an 8 speed cassette which is hard to replace. But to be fair, I have had this bike for a lot time and riden it hard and it has always been a reliable commuting/century bike.

OscarC said:
Please choose one, sorry if you're specific maker is not included. Choose other if you're bike is not listed and tell us what make and if you are satisfied or not with your bike. Also, tell us very briefly why, if you were unsatsified.
I'm the happy owner of three Pinarello's...:)

Two Canadian Bikes... A norco rush ht and a Rocky Mountain Element 50. They are just awesome bikes, and made IN Canada...no asian ****. I like to support Canada, and they are both really respectable companies..great bikes. Check out the Element, it has sweet features.

I'm the happy owner of a LeMond Buenos Aires. I also have a Trek MTB that I use to ride back and forth to work, .5 mile each way, and the wife is the happy owner of a Trek 1500.

I am a VERY satisfied owner of a 2004 LeMond Tourmalet. It is much more bike than I ever thought I would own. In fact I am so satisfied that I am going to purchase another LeMond in the very near future.

Cheers,

Brian

K50 said:
Two Canadian Bikes... A norco rush ht and a Rocky Mountain Element 50. They are just awesome bikes, and made IN Canada...no asian ****. I like to support Canada, and they are both really respectable companies..great bikes. Check out the Element, it has sweet features.
Does it have JAPANESE components on it, or possibly ITALIAN components on it?

Trek 5500 :cool: (Dura Ace 10 spd) and absolutely love it :D Also a very old Reynolds 653 frame for everyday training :)