SAT's BUSH-1206/ KERRY-1190/ CLINTON-1032

Steve wrote:

> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List of people by SAT sc
> ore

If I read this list correctly, I'm too smart to be President of the
United States but too stupid to host a radio talk show or run a computer
software or hardware company. I fall into just about the right place to
buy a webcam and charge for you all to see me naked.

Maybe I'll save you all the trauma and just beat myself on the head with
a hammer until I'm ready for a political career.
--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

On 11/4/04 8:54 PM, in article [email protected], "Philip
W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is a fictitious website. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar. Bush was not
> accepted to UT Law School. Sorry, but you'll never convince me that Bush is
> playing with a full deck of cards.
>
> "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BDB03369.C76CA%[email protected]...
>>

> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List of people by SAT sc
>> ore

Then look here DUMBASS;

http://www.time.com/time/2001/education/sat_test2.html#

And stop sending me email!!!!

On 11/4/04 8:54 PM, in article [email protected], "Philip
W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is a fictitious website. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar. Bush was not
> accepted to UT Law School. Sorry, but you'll never convince me that Bush is
> playing with a full deck of cards.
>
> "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BDB03369.C76CA%[email protected]...
>>

> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List of people by SAT sc
>> ore

http://www.csbsju.edu/uspp/Election/bush011401.htm

Unlike John F. Kennedy, who obtained an IQ score of 119, or Al Gore, who
achieved scores of 133 and 134 on intelligence tests taken at the beginning
of his high school freshman and senior years, no IQ data are available for
George W. Bush. But we do know that the young Bush registered a score of
1206 on the SAT, the most widely used test of college aptitude. (The more
cerebral Al Gore obtained 1355.)

Statistically, Bush's test performance places him in the top 16 percent of
prospective college students ó hardly the mark of a dimwit. Of course, the
SAT is not designed as an IQ test. But it is highly correlated with general
intelligence, to the tune of .80. In plain language, the SAT is two parts a
measure of general intelligence and one part a measure of specific
scholastic reasoning skills and abilities.

If Bush could score in the top 16 percent of college applicants on the SAT,
he would almost certainly rank higher on tests of general intelligence,
which are normed with reference to the general population. But even if his
rank remained constant at the 84th-percentile level of his SAT score, it
would translate to an IQ score of 115.

It's tempting to employ Al Gore's IQ:SAT ratio of 134:1355 as a formula for
estimating Bush's probable intelligence quotient ó an exercise in fuzzy
statistics that predicts a score of 119. If the number sounds familiar,
it's precisely the IQ score attributed to Kennedy, whom Princeton political
scientist Fred Greenstein, in "The Presidential Difference," commended as "a
quick study, whose wit was an indication of a subtle mind."

Steve wrote:

<snip, snip>

Dumbass -

The problem with W. Bush isn't his intelligence, it's his ignorance.

Too bad he wasn't more like Bush Sr. That guy had his **** together on
international affairs. Jr. is the opposite.

K. Gringioni.

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BDB050F9.C76FB%[email protected]...
<snip speculation on presidential IQs>

And IQ means how much, really?

It's essentially a test of whether you can perform fairly simple tasks
quickly. Mostly to do with processing speed. It does not say whether you
can, for example, think through a complex problem and come up with a good
answer. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with ability to work as
part of a team, or lead a team effectively, which are a lot more important
for a President than personal intelligence. A President is never going to
know everything about every issue he'll have to deal with, so as a result a
lot of 'Presidential' decisions will be the President basically
rubber-stamping an underling's decision. It wouldn't make much difference if
the President didn't actually have any areas where he personally knew the
facts and could decide, since whether or not the President is an expert on,
say, family law, he's going to have an advisor who is.

Niels Bohr would probably have scored poorly on an IQ test; and Feynman is
supposed to have scored <140 (124/5 or 137, depends what you read), but
probably contributed most to physics last century after Einstein.

Peter

> Steve wrote:
>
> <snip, snip>
>

> Dumbass -
>

> The problem with W. Bush isn't his intelligence, it's his ignorance.
>
> Too bad he wasn't more like Bush Sr. That guy had his **** together on
> international affairs. Jr. is the opposite.
>

> K. Gringioni.

I thought it was very interesting listening to analysts on the ultra-liberal
NPR yesterday talking about how Bush has managed to create a super-strong
and credible position from which to exploit the current Yassar Arafat
situation and work to broker a mideast peace.

But having said that, I think the notion of mideast peace is ridiculous. I
heard Bush quoted as saying he was sure Israel wants peace (and I'm sure
they do, too). Then he said he's sure Palestinians want peace, too. No
they don't. They want the annihilation of Israel. That's all they want.
There will never be a peaceful coexistence between Israel and Palestine.
There may be ceasefires, but there will never be real peace.

Bob C.

"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
>>
>> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List of people by SAT sc
>> ore
>>

> If I read this list correctly, I'm too smart to be President of the United
> States but too stupid to host a radio talk show or run a computer software
> or hardware company. I fall into just about the right place to buy a
> webcam and charge for you all to see me naked.
>
> Maybe I'll save you all the trauma and just beat myself on the head with a
> hammer until I'm ready for a political career.
> --
>
> --------------------
>
> Remove CLOTHES to reply

I've always wondered what possesses people to run for political office. I
think you've just enlightened me. I wonder if stock values for Lowes and
Home Depot will fall as hammer sales plummet in the wake of the elections.

Bob C.

"Peter Allen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BDB050F9.C76FB%[email protected]...
> <snip speculation on presidential IQs>
>
> And IQ means how much, really?
>
> It's essentially a test of whether you can perform fairly simple tasks
> quickly. Mostly to do with processing speed. It does not say whether you
> can, for example, think through a complex problem and come up with a good
> answer. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with ability to work as
> part of a team, or lead a team effectively, which are a lot more important
> for a President than personal intelligence. A President is never going to
> know everything about every issue he'll have to deal with, so as a result a
> lot of 'Presidential' decisions will be the President basically
> rubber-stamping an underling's decision. It wouldn't make much difference if
> the President didn't actually have any areas where he personally knew the
> facts and could decide, since whether or not the President is an expert on,
> say, family law, he's going to have an advisor who is.
>
> Niels Bohr would probably have scored poorly on an IQ test; and Feynman is
> supposed to have scored <140 (124/5 or 137, depends what you read), but
> probably contributed most to physics last century after Einstein.
>
> Peter

I read Feynman was a little lower IQ as well, but after seeing him
speak - I have a hard time believing that he was anything short of
brilliant. I'm not sure it's his pure intelligence that lead him to
all his discoveries, or his uncanny way of looking at problems from
angles way outside the "box".

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> This is a fictitious website. Clinton was a Rhodes scholar. Bush was not
> accepted to UT Law School. Sorry, but you'll never convince me that Bush is
> playing with a full deck of cards.
>
> "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:BDB03369.C76CA%[email protected]...
> >

> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List of people by SAT sc
> > ore

http://www.vdare.com/sailer/kerry_iq_lower.htm

This site has gotten some pretty decent press for it's analytical and
comprehesive look at public records relating to the two candidates.
It's not definite enough to pin a "number" on each guy, but it's been
validated as providing enough of a trend to have some pretty solid
credibility.

The smarter man won.

-a

psycholist wrote:
>> > Dumbass -

> > The problem with W. Bush isn't his intelligence, it's his

ignorance.

> > Too bad he wasn't more like Bush Sr. That guy had his **** together

on
> > international affairs. Jr. is the opposite.
> >

> > K. Gringioni.
> >

> I thought it was very interesting listening to analysts on the

ultra-liberal
> NPR yesterday talking about how Bush has managed to create a

super-strong
> and credible position from which to exploit the current Yassar Arafat

> situation and work to broker a mideast peace.
>
> But having said that, I think the notion of mideast peace is

ridiculous. I
> heard Bush quoted as saying he was sure Israel wants peace (and I'm

sure
> they do, too). Then he said he's sure Palestinians want peace, too.

No
> they don't. They want the annihilation of Israel. That's all they

want.
> There will never be a peaceful coexistence between Israel and

Palestine.
> There may be ceasefires, but there will never be real peace.

That's way too simplistic.

The majority of Israel wants peace, but the Likud Party, which is in
power, wants to hold onto most of the settlements they've *expanded*
into in the last 20 years.

That's why the Palestinians won't stop. The extremists on both sides
will prevent peace from happening.

Peter Allen wrote:

> Niels Bohr would probably have scored poorly on an IQ test; and

Feynman is
> supposed to have scored <140 (124/5 or 137, depends what you read),

but
> probably contributed most to physics last century after Einstein.

Dumbass -

Feynman used to brag about his 126.

Don't talk about Feynman w/ Steve. You'd be better off talking about
Feynman w/ your cat.

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Peter Allen wrote:
>
>>Niels Bohr would probably have scored poorly on an IQ test; and

> Feynman is
>
>>supposed to have scored <140 (124/5 or 137, depends what you read),

> but
>
>>probably contributed most to physics last century after Einstein.

> Dumbass -
>
> Feynman used to brag about his 126.
>
> Don't talk about Feynman w/ Steve. You'd be better off talking about
> Feynman w/ your cat.
>

> K. Gringioni.

Surely You're Joking Mr. Gringioni

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Peter Allen wrote:
>
>>Niels Bohr would probably have scored poorly on an IQ test; and

> Feynman is
>
>>supposed to have scored <140 (124/5 or 137, depends what you read),

> but
>
>>probably contributed most to physics last century after Einstein.

> Dumbass -
>
> Feynman used to brag about his 126.
>
> Don't talk about Feynman w/ Steve. You'd be better off talking about
> Feynman w/ your cat.

I once talked about Feynman with Schrodinger's cat, but I'm not sure if
he heard me.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

On 11/5/04 11:21 AM, in article
[email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>> The problem with W. Bush isn't his intelligence, it's his

> ignorance.
>>>
>>> Too bad he wasn't more like Bush Sr. That guy had his **** together

> on
>>> international affairs. Jr. is the opposite.
>>>

>>> K. Gringioni.
>>>

>> I thought it was very interesting listening to analysts on the

> ultra-liberal
>> NPR yesterday talking about how Bush has managed to create a

> super-strong
>> and credible position from which to exploit the current Yassar Arafat

>> situation and work to broker a mideast peace.
>>
>> But having said that, I think the notion of mideast peace is

> ridiculous. I
>> heard Bush quoted as saying he was sure Israel wants peace (and I'm

> sure
>> they do, too). Then he said he's sure Palestinians want peace, too.

> No
>> they don't. They want the annihilation of Israel. That's all they

> want.
>> There will never be a peaceful coexistence between Israel and

> Palestine.
>> There may be ceasefires, but there will never be real peace.

> That's way too simplistic.
>
> The majority of Israel wants peace, but the Likud Party, which is in
> power, wants to hold onto most of the settlements they've *expanded*
> into in the last 20 years.
>
> That's why the Palestinians won't stop. The extremists on both sides
> will prevent peace from happening.

Dumbass-

Then what about the recent agreement from Isreal to redraw from settlements
in the Gaza Strip?

You are right about the Palestinians won't stop. They want Israel removed
from the planet!

Steve wrote:

> Dumbass-
>
> Then what about the recent agreement from Isreal to redraw from

settlements
> in the Gaza Strip?
>
> You are right about the Palestinians won't stop. They want Israel

removed
> from the planet!

Dumbass -

Do your research.

Sharon is doing that so he can consolidate the larger settlements on
the West Bank.

And, it's not an 'agreement'. It's a unilateral move. The Palestinians
have no say in the matter.

K. Gringioni.

On 11/6/04 2:35 AM, in article
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>

>> Dumbass-
>>
>> Then what about the recent agreement from Isreal to redraw from

> settlements
>> in the Gaza Strip?
>>
>> You are right about the Palestinians won't stop. They want Israel

> removed
>> from the planet!

> Dumbass -
>
> Do your research.
>
> Sharon is doing that so he can consolidate the larger settlements on
> the West Bank.
>
> And, it's not an 'agreement'. It's a unilateral move. The Palestinians
> have no say in the matter.
>

> K. Gringioni.

Quit glossing over the point! It is a well known fact that most want Israel
removed, gone, ZIP.....................

Arafat refused a peace agreement based on them receiving 95% of their
demands..

In article <[email protected]>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>

> > Dumbass-
> >
> > Then what about the recent agreement from Isreal to redraw from

> settlements
> > in the Gaza Strip?
> >
> > You are right about the Palestinians won't stop. They want Israel

> removed
> > from the planet!

> Dumbass -
>
> Do your research.
>
> Sharon is doing that so he can consolidate the larger settlements on
> the West Bank.
>
> And, it's not an 'agreement'. It's a unilateral move. The Palestinians
> have no say in the matter.
>

> K. Gringioni.

What Sharon is doing is like a game of three card monte.

http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/images/war.275.gif

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?