Satur-8 Rush for Endurance? Input please!

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by frkm0005, May 6, 2006.

1. frkm0005

frkm0005 New Member

I just purchased a supplement called Satur-8 Rush and on the label it states that it has "cell volumizing" ingredients. Is this a no-no in the cycling world? EPO increases the amount of red blood cells and I hope that this isn't another term for EPO.

I'm new to supplements and I'm probably going to go and pick up some whey protein.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a simple supplement plan?

Also, has anyone used Satur-8 Rush?

Tags:

2. discobean7

discobean7 New Member

I'm not very familiar with Satur8, but what I've seen is that it's more for weightlifting than cycling. It definitely has nothing to do with EPO or the production of red blood cells. It's basically a mix of amino acids, some caffeine, lots of electrolytes, and a formulation of creatine I'm not familiar with. As for the "cell volumizers" I have no idea. Creatine is helpful with short bursts of energy (20-60 seconds) so again would be more beneficial for weightlifters. Over the course of a long ride your fuel is primarily muscle glycogen and the products of fat metabolism. The caffeine can adversely affect your heart rate (especially is you don't normally use it) and can cause dehydration. Interestingly one of the electrolytes is a potent laxative which might be a consideration during a long ride as well. As for appropriate protein intake, a generally accepted number is 0.8 -1 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. For a a good-sized male were talking about 70-80 grams of protein per day. There's no need to exceed 1.5 grams/kilogram/day. I hope that helps.