Saturday Milers......8/29/15 And Some Climbing!

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Nice toasty ride with the guys up GMR. 90 average and a high of 113 according to my Garmin. Seems a little high but even 100 is a killer while climbing GMR. Jose and Joaquin made it to the shack, 8 miles 2300 ft. They had planned to do the entire 21 mile climb but once they hit the shack, they said "F" that!
icon_biggrin.gif

But I talked my buddy Mike into continuing on. I think I pushed him past his limits today ha ha! We did the toughest part of the ride and to the highest point but he refused to continue on at that point. 4 miles of easy road to the village. Oh well maybe next time, he did well enough today!

35 miles with 4339 feet of gain.

Her's a lesson for ya! Jose has an old steel bike Diamondback. Joaquin has a CF roadie with nice DA stuff. Joaquin shot out of the gate too fast. So did Mike. I held my pace and ended up catching him 4 miles up with Jose on my wheel. After a mile Joaquin asked Jose how he was doing. Jose said tired but I'm getting there. Joaquin said, "dude you need a new better bike!"
icon_eek.gif

Kept the pace up and a miler later Joaquin got dropped. Another mile after that, Mike got dropped too! Damn, don't be dissin' the old steel bikes, you just might get dropped ha ha ha!
icon_laugh.gif

I don't usually post pics like this but I knew what he was feeling after I had encouraged him on after crying out 3 times "no mas!".
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN0737_zpssgkkmss8.jpg

Some cool roads!

DSCN0758_zpskvnccdyu.jpg

The crew!

DSCN0734_zpskcegunnq.jpg

At one point I had time to pose and take some selfies via self timer.
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN0754_zpsxztqltnw.jpg

The graph!

0GMR1_zpsduyyzwuj.jpg

Did my 34 mile group ride this morning and wore proper road shorts for the first time, I enjoyed it. One of the older group leaders was especially spirited today and was climbing hills like someone have his age should. I stayed with him, but he definitely made me work for it. When I see that second picture it makes me say "I want to live in a place like that". Where I currently live is a great area to bike during the warm seasons, but we have been getting horrible winters in recent years. I also like the group pictures, its always more fun riding in a group!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Uawadall said:
Did my 34 mile group ride this morning and wore proper road shorts for the first time, I enjoyed it. One of the older group leaders was especially spirited today and was climbing hills like someone have his age should. I stayed with him, but he definitely made me work for it. When I see that second picture it makes me say "I want to live in a place like that". Where I currently live is a great area to bike during the warm seasons, but we have been getting horrible winters in recent years. I also like the group pictures, its always more fun riding in a group!
This mountain road is cool! We encounter a big number or riders all making their way up the climb! B)

Another 45 miles @ 16.4 average today with my wife Gina, buddies Aimee, Mike and Jose. More relaxed pace after climbing mountains yesterday. B)

High of 102 today.

DSCN0764_zpsdxw00esh.jpg