    pictures and interesting tips

    You can also check out the newsletter on LeMond Racing Cycles 2003: LeMond Racing
    (http://www.lemondbikes.com/racing-news/index.html)

    Or at www.saturncycling.net

    If you'd like to be added to our mailing list please email [email protected]

    Best wishes and happy riding from the Saturn Cycling Team.

    Tags:

  2. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    The newsletter has this: Robert Herdegen, a professor of psychology at Hampden-Sydney concluded in a
    study that cyclists who listened to the band Metallica while riding traveled 11 percent farther than
    those who listened to no music. However, Herdegen states, "Picking music you like is a more
    important factor in boosting performance than just music with a faster tempo." The 11% figure seems
    very high, but the concept seems legit to me. Greg

  3. That's interesting. I used a walkman for years which I now traded in for a MP3 cd walkman which
    holds over 12 hours of music on one cd. When I play slower music I like, it's like having the brakes
    on especially when climbing. When I play my favorite new age rocker tunes I climb at a better rhythm
    then when I play slower tunes or no tunes at all. I don't like riding without tunes because then
    it's just the sound of the tires thrashing the pavement and the blood spurting in my head. But some
    mountain bike rides I go on have several spectacular waterfalls and the river has nice acoustics, so
    sometimes I just leave the walkman off. Of course Walkmans are illegal on the road but no big deal
    on trails.

    Bruce

    -----------------
    "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The newsletter has this: Robert Herdegen, a professor of psychology at Hampden-Sydney concluded in
    > study that cyclists who listened to the band Metallica while riding
    traveled 11
    > percent farther than those who listened to no music. However, Herdegen
    states,
    > "Picking music you like is a more important factor in boosting performance
    than
    > just music with a faster tempo." The 11% figure seems very high, but the concept seems legit to
    > me. Greg

  4. In Flames should make you go fast; I can't believe you've heard of them. Not a huge Metallica fan,
    but where would those bands be without 'em? You likely could use headphones in a TT. If you REALLY
    want to go fast, I would suggest Pantera.

    James P. Spooner

    "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Spooner wrote:
    > >it's Metallica!...
    >
    > So, what would Napalm Death, Sepultura, Deicide, Amon Amarth, In Flames or
    any
    > of the otherzillions of bands that make Metallica sound like The
    Carpenters do