Saturn Punked out at Valley of the Sun

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by R Scott, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. R Scott

    R Scott Guest

    The Saturn women without Petra is a mess. Their DS does not seem to care about team tactics as much
    as she is about sending her spin yarns to cyclingnews. They went into Sunday's crit with a 29 second
    deficit to Rona, and never put much heart into picking-up the 30 second bonus time for winning the
    stage. They sat back reacting to Rona, not attacking or working with lower placed teams. Instead
    they (Saturn) led out Genevieve Jeanson for the win. I think they are waiting for Ina and Laura to
    show up and win all the bunch finishes.

    The men did not fare much better, other then the always fast and classy Mark McCormick's win in the
    road race, they got beat by a handful of upstart teams like Healthy Choice and Schoeder Iron (a team
    name the Saturn spin reporter can't or won't spell correctly).

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Forgive me but what sort of jerkoff complains about Kristans spelling and then misspells Schroeder
    Iron himself?

    "R Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The Saturn women without Petra is a mess. Their DS does not seem to care about team tactics as
    > much as she is about sending her spin
    yarns
    > to cyclingnews. They went into Sunday's crit with a 29 second
    deficit
    > to Rona, and never put much heart into picking-up the 30 second
    bonus
    > time for winning the stage. They sat back reacting to Rona, not attacking or working with lower
    > placed teams. Instead they (Saturn) led out Genevieve Jeanson for the win. I think they are
    > waiting for Ina and Laura to show up and win all the bunch finishes.
    >
    > The men did not fare much better, other then the always fast and classy Mark McCormick's win
    > in the road race, they got beat by a handful of upstart teams like Healthy Choice and
    > Schoeder Iron (a
    team
    > name the Saturn spin reporter can't or won't spell correctly).

  3. > The men did not fare much better, other then the always fast and classy Mark McCormick's win in
    > the road race, they got beat by a handful of upstart teams like Healthy Choice and Schoeder Iron
    > (a team name the Saturn spin reporter can't or won't spell correctly).

    Dude you obviously weren't in the race. Saturn had 4 guys to Schroeder's like 10. A guy from Healthy
    Choice won the TT, and Saturn had two guys in the break from the road race. A full lead out train
    from SI was able to outsprint Mark and Ivan.

    jd

  4. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Joey Dantoni wrote:
    >Dude you obviously weren't in the race.

    You were. I scanned the results looking for teams and riders I know, and saw a Cycles d Oro rider
    (you). Good job in the GC (9th). In fact, a lot of folks from SE teams did well, (Harper,
    Hartley,Hilger), esp. considering the shit weather we've had all winter. .See you guys in
    Greenville, Greg Miller Knoxville

  5. J Dash Me

    J Dash Me Guest

    Remember Fools, Jame Carney won that race few years back with no Teammates against multiple
    Postals (3) and the entire Vaginators squad. It can't be that hard of a race. That guy is only a
    track rider.

    Jame Carney

  6. Trdina

    Trdina Guest

    "R Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The Saturn women without Petra is a mess. Their DS does not seem to care about team tactics as
    > much as she is about sending her spin yarns to cyclingnews. They went into Sunday's crit with a 29
    > second deficit to Rona, and never put much heart into picking-up the 30 second bonus time for
    > winning the stage. They sat back reacting to Rona, not attacking or working with lower placed
    > teams. Instead they (Saturn) led out Genevieve Jeanson for the win. I think they are waiting for
    > Ina and Laura to show up and win all the bunch finishes.

    Dude,

    I can't believe you spend that much energy worrying about paint drying, errr, women's cycling.

    Dude

  7. [email protected] (J DASH ME) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Remember Fools, Jame Carney won that race few years back with no Teammates against multiple
    > Postals (3) and the entire Vaginators squad. It can't be that hard of a race. That guy is only a
    > track rider.
    >
    > Jame Carney

    ...and some other jitbag track racer with a real job got top 10, so how hard could it have been...

    jd

  8. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (J DASH ME)

    >Remember Fools, Jame Carney won that race few years back with no Teammates against multiple
    >Postals (3) and the entire Vaginators squad. It can't be that hard of a race. That guy is only a
    >track rider.
    >
    >Jame Carney

    Hey, Welcome back. Bill C.

  9. R Scott

    R Scott Guest

    Good point, sorry. RS

    news:<[email protected]prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
    > Forgive me but what sort of jerkoff complains about Kristans spelling and then misspells Schroeder
    > Iron himself?
    >
    > "R Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The Saturn women without Petra is a mess. Their DS does not seem to care about team tactics as
    > > much as she is about sending her spin
    > yarns
    > > to cyclingnews. They went into Sunday's crit with a 29 second
    > deficit
    > > to Rona, and never put much heart into picking-up the 30 second
    > bonus
    > > time for winning the stage. They sat back reacting to Rona, not attacking or working with lower
    > > placed teams. Instead they (Saturn) led out Genevieve Jeanson for the win. I think they are
    > > waiting for Ina and Laura to show up and win all the bunch finishes.
    > >
    > > The men did not fare much better, other then the always fast and classy Mark McCormick's win in
    > > the road race, they got beat by a handful of upstart teams like Healthy Choice and Schoeder
    > > Iron (a
    > team
    > > name the Saturn spin reporter can't or won't spell correctly).

  10. J Dash Me

    J Dash Me Guest

    >Hey, Welcome back. Bill C.

    Thanks. It's EZ to be back since I'm going to school full time again. Not by choice, it was really
    the only option. I hope someone gets some points at the next World Cups so we have start positions
    at Worlds because I won't be going to any of them. You can do it Joey D! Be the Man! Well, the more
    I think about it, if we don't have qualified positions, I can race at T-town the entire year and
    not have to deal with USAC BS. I'm sure the BMX guys will save us though. They are incredible.
    Peace Out.

    JC Delco

  11. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    [email protected] (J DASH ME) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Remember Fools, Jame Carney won that race few years back with no Teammates against multiple
    > Postals (3) and the entire Vaginators squad. It can't be that hard of a race. That guy is only a
    > track rider.

    It sounds pretty funny referring to yourself in the third person. Are you really Bob Dole
    in disguise?