Savoldelli to win the 2008 Giro

One of thems a mountain TT, and a steep one at that. He'll loose a lot of time there (only 19th in last years mountain TT, and that was flatter). And he's going to be on a **** team next year, so the TTT won't be to his favour.

But since it's the right year for him to win what can stop him? Half the field will probably be sick, and the other half will get DQed for doping leaving him to descend his way to victory.
In all seriousness I would love it if he did win, think he's a great rider. Just not that convinced that he will.

Maybe Sergei Gontchar or his evil twin Sergei Hontchar will make a return. Which one of those guys has all of those Giro TT wins?

Eldrack said:
And he's going to be on a **** team next year...
Savo always rides better with not team support. It's what tiggers do best.

The stars are all coming into line for this one.

Would be great, but Eldrack explained situation with TTs and I think there will also be some very hard uphill finishes... Not exactly the Savo's cup of tea.
But numbers are telling it's his turn... It also very much depends on who will be allowed to start.

Andrija said:
It also very much depends on who will be allowed to start.
And who is willing to still take the risks, and has the money to minimize them. Let's not forget, autologous transfusions are still undetectable, EPO still has a small window of detection, etc.

Surely some will dare the UCI to do something with their new "blood passport".

i have no idea how savoldelli will do next year, but i really like him as a rider. he is a great tactician and maximizes his capabilities. out of all the recent grand tour winners, he may be least talented rider, but makes up for that because he is a great racer.

Bro Deal said:
Four time trials. :eek:

And the numbers are in his favor. 2002 2005 (2008)
Mcgee, or Bruseghin if it is not too steep. Or Cioni.

I think they put this route in and will invite Slipstream. Slipstream have about the best timetrialling squad in the peloton.