General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Savory Pannacotte recipe

Started by UnConundrum · · Last activity · 2 posts · 747 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 June 2005
Last activity
23 June 2005
Original author
UnConundrum
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
747
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We had dinner tonight at a lovely restaurant in Montreal. One of the
    appetizers was roasted baby eggplant served with a red pepper
    "pannacotte". I know pannacotte to be traditionally a vanilla flavored
    pudding made without eggs, and I believe gelatin to give it body. I've
    never heard of a savory version. Does anyone have any recipe
    suggestions? BTW, it was great, or I wouldn't be looking for a recipe
    😉 I could work on the flavors, but I'm drawing a blank on the base.

  2. "UnConundrum" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    We had dinner tonight at a lovely restaurant in Montreal. One of the
    appetizers was roasted baby eggplant served with a red pepper
    "pannacotte". I know pannacotte to be traditionally a vanilla flavored
    pudding made without eggs, and I believe gelatin to give it body. I've
    never heard of a savory version. Does anyone have any recipe
    suggestions? BTW, it was great, or I wouldn't be looking for a recipe
    😉 I could work on the flavors, but I'm drawing a blank on the base.

    For a savoury version I'd use a base of cream and buttermilk or sour cream
    to add a bit of tang. I've had cauliflower and red pepper "panna cotta" at
    restaurants. Cook and puree your vegetables or ingredient of choice, puree
    very well, add to the cooked cream and buttermilk or sour cream, add gelatin
    and allow it to dissolve, pass the whole thing through a fine mesh strainer
    or tamis, and place in lightly oiled ramekins. Refrigerate for several
    hours. I've done the same sort of thing with egg custard mixtures that get
    labelled flans or timbales or sformati.

    Kate

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.