Savoy Cabbage



D

Dee Randall

Guest
I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a clue.
Thanks,
Dee Dee
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
> Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
> ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a clue.
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee
>
>


I like it as stuffed cabbage rolls, sliced up in oriental soups or stir
fry's, ore even just sliced large and steamed with sausages. :)

Use it any way you would regular cabbage, and IMHO it's BETTER.

I find it to have more flavor.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
J

Joyce Hanssen

Guest
"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
>Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
>ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a
>clue.
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

Savoy cabbage makes an excellent side dish if you cut it in thin strips and
fry it for just a few seconds.

Joyce
 
J

Joyce Hanssen

Guest
"Joyce Hanssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
>>Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
>>ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a
>>clue.
>> Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

> Savoy cabbage makes an excellent side dish if you cut it in thin strips
> and
> fry it for just a few seconds.
>
> Joyce



And by frying I mean deep frying :)
 
J

jmcquown

Guest
Dee Randall wrote:
> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
> haven't a clue. Thanks,
> Dee Dee


Cabbage rolls! Or this lovely Austrian recipe for savoy cabbage soup
(Kohlminestraussauppe from Austrian Cooking & Baking)

3 pints stock
1-1/2 lb. savoy cabbage
5 oz. bacon fat
4 oz. rice
2 oz. parmesan cheese
1 onion
salt, pepper & marjoram

Cut bacon fat into cubes and melt over a low flame. Add chopped onion and
fry well until golden brown. Shred greens (cabbage) finely, scald with
boiling water. Drain and add to onions with stock, salt, pepper and majoram
to taste. Add rice Simmer until greens (cabbage) and rice are tender.
Serve with grated cheese. Alternately, the greens (cabbage) can be added to
the fried onion (no scalding), remaining procedure as described above.

Jill
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Joyce Hanssen" <[email protected]Sdds.nl> wrote:

> "Joyce Hanssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >>I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
> >>Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
> >>ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a
> >>clue.
> >> Thanks,
> >> Dee Dee

> > Savoy cabbage makes an excellent side dish if you cut it in thin strips
> > and
> > fry it for just a few seconds.
> >
> > Joyce

>
>
> And by frying I mean deep frying :)
>
>


<lol> I've sautee'd it with butter and olive oil, with onions....
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
M

Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
>> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
>> haven't a clue. Thanks,
>> Dee Dee
>>
>>

>
> I like it as stuffed cabbage rolls, sliced up in oriental soups or
> stir fry's, ore even just sliced large and steamed with sausages. :)
>
> Use it any way you would regular cabbage, and IMHO it's BETTER.
>
> I find it to have more flavor.


I was going to suggest woking it and putting it in soups too. There are a
ton of soup recipes if you just type in savoy cabbage soup recipe in the
search field. First one that popped up looked really good. I have not
tried this yet but intend to:

Prep Time : 1hr
Cook Time : 1hr
Course : Soup
Type of Prep : Boil
Cuisine : Italian
Occasion : Winter

Another wintry recipe that will warm both body and kitchen, and is quite
adaptable too.
INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 pounds Savoy cabbage, shredded and chopped
4 fresh, lean, mild sausages
3/4 cup medium-grained rice suitable for soups (Originario or Maratelli for
example) , or brown rice
1 1/2 quarts light broth (you don't want something too salty or too
flavorful), simmering
1 medium-sized white onion, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Freshly grated Parmigiano
Salt & pepper to taste
(Optional): 1/3 pound (150 g) fontina cheese, chredded
PREPARATION:

Once you have minced the onion, sauté it in the oil in a pot over a
moderate flame, until it becomes translucent and light golden in color. Add
the shredded, chopped cabbage and a few tablespoons of broth, and continue
simmering until the cabbage is tender.


In the meantime boil the sausages in water for about a half hour, then
drain them, peel away the skins, and use a fork to break them up. Stir them
into the cabbage mixture, cook a few minutes more, and then stir everything
into the boiling broth, together with the rice. Simmer the soup until the
rice is done to your taste, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste,
stir in the grated cheese, and serve.

This soup lends itself well to vatiations. For example, you could omit the
sausages and use brown rice; simmer the soup in an oven proof pot, and when
it's done, shred some Fontina cheese over it and run the pot under a
broiler to melt the cheese. If you use a terracotta pot, the presentation
will be very pretty.

The wine? A light zesty red wine along the lines of a Cabernet from the
Veneto or a Tocai Rosso. Also, the soup should be thick, but not dry. In
other words, there should be enough liquid so you need to eat it with a
spoon.

Serves 4-6 Suggested Reading





--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net
 
D

Dee Randall

Guest
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dee Randall wrote:
>> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
>> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
>> haven't a clue. Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

>
> Cabbage rolls! Or this lovely Austrian recipe for savoy cabbage soup
> (Kohlminestraussauppe from Austrian Cooking & Baking)
>
> 3 pints stock
> 1-1/2 lb. savoy cabbage
> 5 oz. bacon fat
> 4 oz. rice
> 2 oz. parmesan cheese
> 1 onion
> salt, pepper & marjoram
>
> Cut bacon fat into cubes and melt over a low flame. Add chopped onion and
> fry well until golden brown. Shred greens (cabbage) finely, scald with
> boiling water. Drain and add to onions with stock, salt, pepper and
> majoram
> to taste. Add rice Simmer until greens (cabbage) and rice are tender.
> Serve with grated cheese. Alternately, the greens (cabbage) can be added
> to
> the fried onion (no scalding), remaining procedure as described above.
>
> Jill
>

Thanks, that sounds good. I like the addition of rice. We had an Italian
soup (Mario's Farmwife's potato & beet greens) last night and it was very
good. I have on hand "Organic Free Range Chick Broth - 32 oz." and "Swanson
Organic Beef Broth 99% fat free - 32 oz" Which might you suggest, Chicken or
Beef broth for this recipe.

I'm excited about this recipe too. Ice pellets for 24 hours in the
forecast.
Dee Dee
 
D

Dee Randall

Guest
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dee Randall wrote:
>> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
>> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
>> haven't a clue. Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

>
> Cabbage rolls! Or this lovely Austrian recipe for savoy cabbage soup
> (Kohlminestraussauppe from Austrian Cooking & Baking)
>
> 3 pints stock
> 1-1/2 lb. savoy cabbage
> 5 oz. bacon fat
> 4 oz. rice
> 2 oz. parmesan cheese
> 1 onion
> salt, pepper & marjoram
>
> Cut bacon fat into cubes and melt over a low flame. Add chopped onion and
> fry well until golden brown. Shred greens (cabbage) finely, scald with
> boiling water. Drain and add to onions with stock, salt, pepper and
> majoram
> to taste. Add rice Simmer until greens (cabbage) and rice are tender.
> Serve with grated cheese. Alternately, the greens (cabbage) can be added
> to
> the fried onion (no scalding), remaining procedure as described above.
>
> Jill
>

Thanks, that sounds good. I like the addition of rice. We had an Italian
soup (Mario's Farmwife's potato & beet greens) last night and it was very
good. I have on hand "Organic Free Range Chick Broth - 32 oz." and "Swanson
Organic Beef Broth 99% fat free - 32 oz" Which might you suggest, Chicken or
Beef broth for this recipe.

I'm excited about this recipe too. Ice pellets for 24 hours in the
forecast.
Dee Dee
 
J

jmcquown

Guest
Dee Randall wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Dee Randall wrote:
>>> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>>> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
>>> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
>>> haven't a clue. Thanks,
>>> Dee Dee

>>
>> Cabbage rolls! Or this lovely Austrian recipe for savoy cabbage soup
>> (Kohlminestraussauppe from Austrian Cooking & Baking)
>>
>> 3 pints stock
>> 1-1/2 lb. savoy cabbage
>> 5 oz. bacon fat
>> 4 oz. rice
>> 2 oz. parmesan cheese
>> 1 onion
>> salt, pepper & marjoram
>>
>> Cut bacon fat into cubes and melt over a low flame. Add chopped
>> onion and fry well until golden brown. Shred greens (cabbage)
>> finely, scald with boiling water. Drain and add to onions with
>> stock, salt, pepper and majoram
>> to taste. Add rice Simmer until greens (cabbage) and rice are
>> tender. Serve with grated cheese. Alternately, the greens (cabbage)
>> can be added to
>> the fried onion (no scalding), remaining procedure as described
>> above.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Thanks, that sounds good. I like the addition of rice. We had an
> Italian soup (Mario's Farmwife's potato & beet greens) last night and
> it was very good. I have on hand "Organic Free Range Chick Broth -
> 32 oz." and "Swanson Organic Beef Broth 99% fat free - 32 oz" Which
> might you suggest, Chicken or Beef broth for this recipe.
>
> I'm excited about this recipe too. Ice pellets for 24 hours in the
> forecast.
> Dee Dee


Eeeep! Ice! Seems either broth would work. The cookbook I referenced
doesn't specify. What would they use in Austria? I'd use chicken broth :)

Jill
 
S

Sheldon

Guest
Dee Randall wrote:
> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
> Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
> ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a clue.


Savoy cabbage leaves tend to be thin and brittle and so don't lend
themselves well to stuffing but still there are hundreds of cabbage
recipes to choose from.

http://www.justvegetablerecipes.com/inxcab.html
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
> >> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
> >> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
> >> haven't a clue. Thanks,
> >> Dee Dee
> >>
> >>

> >
> > I like it as stuffed cabbage rolls, sliced up in oriental soups or
> > stir fry's, ore even just sliced large and steamed with sausages. :)
> >
> > Use it any way you would regular cabbage, and IMHO it's BETTER.
> >
> > I find it to have more flavor.

>
> I was going to suggest woking it and putting it in soups too. There are a
> ton of soup recipes if you just type in savoy cabbage soup recipe in the
> search field. First one that popped up looked really good. I have not
> tried this yet but intend to:
>


<snipped cool recipe>

Hmmmmmmm...
That gives me an idea.
I'm doing another batch of chicken feet so will have yet more chicken
foot stock. <lol>

I have Leeks, baby bok choy and savoy cabbage out in the 'frige that
needs to be used. I also have some shallots.

Might combine some of those with that stock and throw in some
Shiratake...... ;-d

Danke!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
D

Dee Randall

Guest
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>> > In article <[email protected]>,
>> > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> >> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>> >> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
>> >> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
>> >> haven't a clue. Thanks,
>> >> Dee Dee
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> > I like it as stuffed cabbage rolls, sliced up in oriental soups or
>> > stir fry's, ore even just sliced large and steamed with sausages. :)
>> >
>> > Use it any way you would regular cabbage, and IMHO it's BETTER.
>> >
>> > I find it to have more flavor.

>>
>> I was going to suggest woking it and putting it in soups too. There are a
>> ton of soup recipes if you just type in savoy cabbage soup recipe in the
>> search field. First one that popped up looked really good. I have not
>> tried this yet but intend to:
>>

>
> <snipped cool recipe>
>
> Hmmmmmmm...
> That gives me an idea.
> I'm doing another batch of chicken feet so will have yet more chicken
> foot stock. <lol>
>
> I have Leeks, baby bok choy and savoy cabbage out in the 'frige that
> needs to be used. I also have some shallots.
>
> Might combine some of those with that stock and throw in some
> Shiratake...... ;-d
>




<snip>can anyone tell me
> >> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage


I most always google before I ask on ng's. Just getting some opinions here,
too. So -- what would 'chicken feet' be? Any particular Asian country?
:)))
I have everything but the chicken feet, but thanks for the suggestion -- tee
hee.
Dee Dee
 
D

Dee Randall

Guest
"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>>> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me
>>> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I
>>> haven't a clue. Thanks,
>>> Dee Dee
>>>
>>>

>>
>> I like it as stuffed cabbage rolls, sliced up in oriental soups or
>> stir fry's, ore even just sliced large and steamed with sausages. :)
>>
>> Use it any way you would regular cabbage, and IMHO it's BETTER.
>>
>> I find it to have more flavor.

>
> I was going to suggest woking it and putting it in soups too. There are a
> ton of soup recipes if you just type in savoy cabbage soup recipe in the
> search field. First one that popped up looked really good. I have not
> tried this yet but intend to:
>
> Prep Time : 1hr
> Cook Time : 1hr
> Course : Soup
> Type of Prep : Boil
> Cuisine : Italian
> Occasion : Winter
>
> Another wintry recipe that will warm both body and kitchen, and is quite
> adaptable too.
> INGREDIENTS:
>
> 1 1/4 pounds Savoy cabbage, shredded and chopped
> 4 fresh, lean, mild sausages
> 3/4 cup medium-grained rice suitable for soups (Originario or Maratelli
> for
> example) , or brown rice
> 1 1/2 quarts light broth (you don't want something too salty or too
> flavorful), simmering
> 1 medium-sized white onion, minced
> 2 tablespoons olive oil
> 3 tablespoons Freshly grated Parmigiano
> Salt & pepper to taste
> (Optional): 1/3 pound (150 g) fontina cheese, chredded
> PREPARATION:
>
> Once you have minced the onion, sauté it in the oil in a pot over a
> moderate flame, until it becomes translucent and light golden in color.
> Add
> the shredded, chopped cabbage and a few tablespoons of broth, and continue
> simmering until the cabbage is tender.
>
>
> In the meantime boil the sausages in water for about a half hour, then
> drain them, peel away the skins, and use a fork to break them up. Stir
> them
> into the cabbage mixture, cook a few minutes more, and then stir
> everything
> into the boiling broth, together with the rice. Simmer the soup until the
> rice is done to your taste, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste,
> stir in the grated cheese, and serve.
>
> This soup lends itself well to vatiations. For example, you could omit the
> sausages and use brown rice; simmer the soup in an oven proof pot, and
> when
> it's done, shred some Fontina cheese over it and run the pot under a
> broiler to melt the cheese. If you use a terracotta pot, the presentation
> will be very pretty.
>
> The wine? A light zesty red wine along the lines of a Cabernet from the
> Veneto or a Tocai Rosso. Also, the soup should be thick, but not dry. In
> other words, there should be enough liquid so you need to eat it with a
> spoon.


This Italian recipe sounds similar (sausage instead of bacon) to Jill's
Austrian recipe I like. Must be a 'on the border' recipe.

I'm sorry, but I have to relate a stupid restaurant situation somewhere
either in Austria or Italy close to the border. I thought if anyone could
do it, they could, fix a nice boiled chicken. It was so darned tough it
would pull your teeth out -- I asked about it's toughness, and the waiter
said, "It's a 'walking' chicken." I'll never forget this term.
Dee Dee
 
C

Curly Sue

Guest
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:17:49 -0500, "Dee Randall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
>Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
>ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a clue.
>Thanks,
>Dee Dee
>


Italian. Sautee with garlic, salt, and pepper.

Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
 
D

Dimitri

Guest
"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
>Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
>ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a clue.
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee


here you go.

Dimitri

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/publications/vegetabletravelers/cabbage.html


It was not until 1536 in Europe that unmistakably clear descriptions of
hard-heading cabbage were recorded. At that time also a loose-heading form
called romanos, and later called chou d'Italie and chou de Savoys, for the
Italian province, was described. This "savoy cabbage," a crumpled-leaved kind
having high quality, was grown in England in the 1500's.
 
O

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >
> > Hmmmmmmm...
> > That gives me an idea.
> > I'm doing another batch of chicken feet so will have yet more chicken
> > foot stock. <lol>
> >
> > I have Leeks, baby bok choy and savoy cabbage out in the 'frige that
> > needs to be used. I also have some shallots.
> >
> > Might combine some of those with that stock and throw in some
> > Shiratake...... ;-d
> >

>
>
>
> <snip>can anyone tell me
> > >> what ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage

>
> I most always google before I ask on ng's. Just getting some opinions here,
> too. So -- what would 'chicken feet' be? Any particular Asian country?
> :)))


Any Asian country, plus Mexico, Belgium and Germany. ;-)

> I have everything but the chicken feet, but thanks for the suggestion -- tee
> hee.
> Dee Dee


Any chicken stock will do. <lol>
I'd recommend wings then for more "gelly" power! ;-d
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
 
D

Dee Randall

Guest
"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
>>Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
>>ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a
>>clue.
>> Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

>
> here you go.
>
> Dimitri
>
> http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/publications/vegetabletravelers/cabbage.html
>
>
> It was not until 1536 in Europe that unmistakably clear descriptions of
> hard-heading cabbage were recorded. At that time also a loose-heading form
> called romanos, and later called chou d'Italie and chou de Savoys, for the
> Italian province, was described. This "savoy cabbage," a crumpled-leaved
> kind having high quality, was grown in England in the 1500's.

Thanks,
I think the first time I ever had 'savoy cabbage' was at the Savoy-Tivoli
Restaurant in S.F. So this surely fits.
Thinking back, that was a fun restaurant at that time (1970). I googled it,
and it looks like it is still there.
Dee Dee
 
J

jake

Guest
Dee Randall wrote:

> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever seen.
> Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
> ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a clue.
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee
>
>

I believe there is an Italian recipe that involves savoy cabbage and
white beans and not much else (maybe garlic and oil). I seem to remeber
reading about it in Real Fast Food by Nigel Slater.

Of course I'd want to add bacon :)
 
D

Dee Randall

Guest
"jake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> I bought the most beautiful, perfect head of savoy cabbage I've ever
>> seen. Average size. Besides a raw cabbage salad, can anyone tell me what
>> ethnic/country recipe lends itself best to savoy cabbage. I haven't a
>> clue.
>> Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

> I believe there is an Italian recipe that involves savoy cabbage and white
> beans and not much else (maybe garlic and oil). I seem to remeber reading
> about it in Real Fast Food by Nigel Slater.
>
> Of course I'd want to add bacon :)


I'll bet you're thinking of escarole -- betcha!
But, you know, I was thinking of adding cannelli beans to the recipe - great
minds.
Thanks,
Dee Dee