saw a bike on Heidelberg Rd last night that has

saw a bike on Heidelberg Rd last night that has a very bright,
distinctly blue light. At first I
thought it was a small motor bike. Anyone have any idea what kind of
light this might
be? I want one!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:13:52 -0800 (PST), [email protected] wrote:

>saw a bike on Heidelberg Rd last night that has a very bright,
>distinctly blue light. At first I
>thought it was a small motor bike. Anyone have any idea what kind of
>light this might
>be? I want one!

Probably a HID. You may not want to pay for one though.

Aeek said:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:13:52 -0800 (PST), [email protected] wrote:

>saw a bike on Heidelberg Rd last night that has a very bright,
>distinctly blue light. At first I
>thought it was a small motor bike. Anyone have any idea what kind of
>light this might
>be? I want one!

Probably a HID. You may not want to pay for one though.
Maybe try having a crack at building one? There's literally thousands of pages of DIY bike lighting stuff to wade through on the interwebs if you're interested enough.

cfsmtb wrote:

> Aeek Wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:13:52 -0800 (PST), [email protected] wrote:
>>

>>>saw a bike on Heidelberg Rd last night that has a very bright,
>>>distinctly blue light. At first I
>>>thought it was a small motor bike. Anyone have any idea what kind of
>>>light this might
>>>be? I want one!

>>Probably a HID. You may not want to pay for one though.Maybe try having a crack at building one? There's literally thousands of

> pages of DIY bike lighting stuff to wade through on the interwebs if
> you're interested enough.

or go to the markets and pick one up, cheap as chips. Couple of clamps
and all done.

On Feb 18, 4:13 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> saw a bike on Heidelberg Rd last night that has a very bright,
> distinctly blue light. At first I
> thought it was a small motor bike. Anyone have any idea what kind of
> light this might
> be? I want one!

Could be LED or HID. Both often have a blueish tinge. Mind you,
"even" halogens will have other vehicles thinking you're a motorbike.
IMHO, HIDs are good but very expensive, LEDs are good but much less
expensive, halogens are good and cheaper still.

I have a review (with photos) of two AYUP LED versions vs home made
halogens on my web site if your are interested -
http://www.users.on.net/~fathers/lightsvslights.htm. My pix don't show
what they look like from in front, only from the rider's perspective.

I also have notes on making your own halogens. You're probably less
interested in the Blue Mountains trail reviews if you live in
Vic... ;^) </selfpromotion>

Tony F
http://www.thefathippy.com