Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

  • Thread starter Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
  • Start date



S

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Guest
He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
hunter orange?
 
N

necromancer

Guest
SFB spewed:

>He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
>miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
>hunter orange?


Why don't you paint, "Highway killing machine," on that beater of
yours.

OBTW, I don't wear a helmet when bicycling.


Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
 
B

Bob Burns

Guest
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
> miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
> hunter orange?

My wife made me a waterproof-breathable blaze orange cover for my
helmet. Not only increases visibility, but also keeps me warm in the
cold and dry in the rain. I ride a rail-trail through hunting areas.

--
-------------------------------------------------------
"Every day is Saturday when you're retired."

Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA
(email is a spamtrap)
 
I

ilaboo

Guest
> cold and dry in the rain. I ride a rail-trail through hunting areas.
>


suicidal--good hunters look for objects that are parallel to the ground such
as a deers back
there are a lot of hunters out there who in actuality want the chance to
kill the ultimate mammal--humans and of course get away with it
nb--i hunted literally every am--worked on resevations with open season all
the time
now i no longer hunt/fish
hth
peter
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------
> "Every day is Saturday when you're retired."
>
> Bob Burns
> Mill Hall PA
> (email is a spamtrap)
 
I

It's Chris

Guest
I have a Performance jersey that's the same hunter orange. There are
bright choices uot there. most don't wear them because of their "Fred
Factor".

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner
 
On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you couldn't
> miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
> hunter orange?


If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
slowing down and paying more attention.

- Frank Krygowski
 
N

N8N

Guest
On Feb 27, 10:58 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and  you couldn't
> > miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least paint their helmet
> > hunter orange?

>
> If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly.  Try
> slowing down and paying more attention.
>
> - Frank Krygowski


Yes, all of the cyclists in my area are responsible and never, ever do
stuff like riding after dark without lights and wearing dark and/or
non-reflective clothing. (snort)

If it didn't seem like the vast majority of cyclists that I see had
death wishes (in addition to the above, I actually saw a cyclist at
least slow down - not stop, just slow - for a stop sign the other
day. It was noteworthy because that was the first time I'd seen that
happen in months,) you might have a point, but my general impression
of them is that they are serious hazards to themselves and others, and
I wish that police would take more notice of this and start enforcing
the rules of the road. It is only a matter of time before one of
these idiots ends up getting flattened by a car, and I'm sad to say
that my sympathy will be with the driver of the car.

nate
 
L

Leo Lichtman

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote: If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange)
cyclists or
> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
> slowing down and paying more attention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Frank, the population of drivers and the population of riders are both
statistical distributions (bell curve). By making yourself more visible, a
you put yourself on a better part of your curve, so it is less likely that
you will have a problem with a drivers on the bad part of their curve.
 
S

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Guest
[email protected] wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you
>> couldn't miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least
>> paint their helmet hunter orange?

>
> If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
> slowing down and paying more attention.
>


It would help if the cyclists would obey the laws and stop running red
lights and stop driving on the left side of the road. Cyclists are always
showing up where they're not supposed to be and that's why drivers don't
see them.
 
On Feb 27, 12:44 pm, "Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote: If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange)
>
> cyclists or> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
> > slowing down and paying more attention.

>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Frank, the population of drivers and the population of riders are both
> statistical distributions (bell curve). By making yourself more visible, a
> you put yourself on a better part of your curve, so it is less likely that
> you will have a problem with a drivers on the bad part of their curve.


I don't disagree with that. And if a cyclist chooses to be extra-
visible, I certainly won't object. However, as long as the cyclist is
legal, he has no obligation to dress funny so motorists can exert less
care.

Lights and reflectors at night? Sure. Day-glo orange when riding to
work? No. It's the driver's responsibility to see where he's going,
see who or what is on the road, and control his vehicle accordingly.

- Frank Krygowski
 
N

necromancer

Guest
**** For Brains (SFB) spewed:

>[email protected] wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On Feb 27, 1:26 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and you
>>> couldn't miss seeing him. Why don't they all do that or at least
>>> paint their helmet hunter orange?

>>
>> If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
>> pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
>> slowing down and paying more attention.
>>

>
>It would help if the cyclists would obey the laws and stop running red
>lights and stop driving on the left side of the road.


Cyclists are riding, you idiot, *not* driving.

>Cyclists are always
>showing up where they're not supposed to be and that's why drivers don't
>see them.


I don't have any problems seeing cyclists even at night. ISTM that the
one who needs to get off the road is you and your scud, you blood
thirsty degenerate.



Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
 
On Feb 27, 11:21 am, N8N <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 10:58 am, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
> > pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly. Try
> > slowing down and paying more attention.

>
> Yes, all of the cyclists in my area are responsible and never, ever do
> stuff like riding after dark without lights and wearing dark and/or
> non-reflective clothing. (snort)


Cyclists should use lights and reflectors at night. Those laws should
be respected.
But clothing that suits _your_ fancy is not a legal requirement, and
should not be.

> If it didn't seem like the vast majority of cyclists that I see had
> death wishes ... you might have a point, but my general impression
> of them is that they are serious hazards to themselves and others, and
> I wish that police would take more notice of this and start enforcing
> the rules of the road.


I wish police would enforce _all_ rules of the road, including against
motorists who speed through neighborhoods, roll stop signs, run red
lights, fail to yield to pedestrians, and all the rest. Yes, they
should ticket cyclists - but it's a far lower priority for good
reason.

For example, regarding stop signs: I live across the street from
one. Fewer than half the drivers bother to stop. The majority roll
right through. The potential harm from a motorist doing that is
hundreds of times worse than that from a cyclist.

Regarding "serious hazards to themselves and others," feel free to
post documentation of the terrible carnage caused by bicyclists. We
know there are roughly 40,000 people killed by motorists each year in
America. How many are killed by bicyclists? Post the number, please.

How many cyclists kill themselves by their mistakes? Only about 700
American cyclists die per year, total. That's a tiny number compared
to most other causes of death. The per-hour risk is also low. And at
least half those fatalities are caused by motorist mistakes, not
cyclist mistakes.

- Frank Krygowski
 
N

N8N

Guest
On Feb 27, 2:56 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 27, 11:21 am, N8N <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 27, 10:58 am, [email protected] wrote:

>
> > > If you have trouble seeing ordinary (non-orange) cyclists or
> > > pedestrians in plenty of time, you're not driving responsibly.  Try
> > > slowing down and paying more attention.

>
> > Yes, all of the cyclists in my area are responsible and never, ever do
> > stuff like riding after dark without lights and wearing dark and/or
> > non-reflective clothing.  (snort)

>
> Cyclists should use lights and reflectors at night.  Those laws should
> be respected.


Agreed.

> But clothing that suits _your_ fancy is not a legal requirement, and
> should not be.


Being visible is not "my fancy." If you have no lights, no
reflectors, and are wearing jeans and a dark shirt, I have no sympathy
for anything that might happen to you.

> > If it didn't seem like the vast majority of cyclists that I see had
> > death wishes ... you might have a point, but my general impression
> > of them is that they are serious hazards to themselves and others, and
> > I wish that police would take more notice of this and start enforcing
> > the rules of the road.

>
> I wish police would enforce _all_ rules of the road, including against
> motorists who speed through neighborhoods, roll stop signs, run red
> lights, fail to yield to pedestrians, and all the rest.  Yes, they
> should ticket cyclists - but it's a far lower priority for good
> reason.


Why? If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
something. I'm still inconvenienced, and I still have to deal with a
lot of BS. Since my observations are that 100% of cyclists flagrantly
violate the rules of the road, that seems like a real problem to me.

> For example, regarding stop signs:  I live across the street from
> one.  Fewer than half the drivers bother to stop. The majority roll
> right through. The potential harm from a motorist doing that is
> hundreds of times worse than that from a cyclist.


100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.

> Regarding "serious hazards to themselves and others," feel free to
> post documentation of the terrible carnage caused by bicyclists.  We
> know there are roughly 40,000 people killed by motorists each year in
> America.  How many are killed by bicyclists?  Post the number, please.


Mostly cyclists kill themselves. But my car will still be damaged.

> How many cyclists kill themselves by their mistakes?  Only about 700
> American cyclists die per year, total.  That's a tiny number compared
> to most other causes of death.  The per-hour risk is also low.  And at
> least half those fatalities are caused by motorist mistakes, not
> cyclist mistakes.


I don't believe that at all, as as I've stated, bicyclists seem to
think themselves completely exempt from the rules of the road and
quite a few rules of common sense, as well.

I'm not anti-cyclist as a principle; I actually enjoy riding. It is
observation of the behavior of cyclists that has shaped my opinions so
that I probably appear to be anti-cyclist. Basically, I just don't
like the particular cyclists that I have to interact with on the
roads.

nate
 
L

Larry Farrell

Guest
N8N wrote:
[snip]
>
> Why? If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
> or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
> something. I'm still inconvenienced, and I still have to deal with a
> lot of BS. Since my observations are that 100% of cyclists flagrantly
> violate the rules of the road, that seems like a real problem to me.
>

[snip]
>
> 100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.
>


Both of your 100%s are 100% BS.

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
 
N

N8N

Guest
On Feb 27, 3:25 pm, Larry Farrell <[email protected]> wrote:
> N8N wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>
>
> > Why?  If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
> > or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
> > something.  I'm still inconvenienced, and I still have to deal with a
> > lot of BS.  Since my observations are that 100% of cyclists flagrantly
> > violate the rules of the road, that seems like a real problem to me.

>
> [snip]
>
> > 100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.

>
> Both of your 100%s are 100% BS.


Feel free to ride with me someday and prove me wrong. You won't.
You'll be shocked at what you see. I stand by my statement. 100% of
cyclists that I encounter flagrantly violate the rules of the road.
Most common infraction is blowing through stop signs at speed. It
sounds incredible, but it is true - ALL cyclists that I encounter ride
like they want to be hit. There's a fair number of cyclists around
where I live, too - my commute to/from work takes me across a bike
trail, so there's a lot of cyclists that I assume are getting on/off
the bike trail and riding on the same roads on which I'm driving.

nate
 
L

Larry Farrell

Guest
N8N wrote:
> On Feb 27, 3:25 pm, Larry Farrell <[email protected]> wrote:
>> N8N wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>
>>
>>> Why? If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
>>> or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
>>> something. I'm still inconvenienced, and I still have to deal with a
>>> lot of BS. Since my observations are that 100% of cyclists flagrantly
>>> violate the rules of the road, that seems like a real problem to me.

>> [snip]
>>
>>> 100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.

>> Both of your 100%s are 100% BS.

>
> Feel free to ride with me someday and prove me wrong. You won't.
> You'll be shocked at what you see. I stand by my statement. 100% of
> cyclists that I encounter flagrantly violate the rules of the road.
> Most common infraction is blowing through stop signs at speed. It
> sounds incredible, but it is true - ALL cyclists that I encounter ride
> like they want to be hit. There's a fair number of cyclists around
> where I live, too - my commute to/from work takes me across a bike
> trail, so there's a lot of cyclists that I assume are getting on/off
> the bike trail and riding on the same roads on which I'm driving.
>
> nate


Your original statements were that 100% of bicyclists were doing
illegal things, not that 100% of the bicyclists you observed were
doing so. Therefore, your original statements were blatantly wrong.
I stand by *my* statement.

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
 
B

Brent P

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
> For example, regarding stop signs: I live across the street from
> one. Fewer than half the drivers bother to stop. The majority roll
> right through. The potential harm from a motorist doing that is
> hundreds of times worse than that from a cyclist.


Is it one of those stop signs you had put up to slow people down? If so,
that's the reason people don't respect it. It is a well known fact that
misused stop signs for the purpose of speed control are not well
respected and often cause drivers to go faster. It is the consquence of
'feels good' traffic 'engineering'.

That said we've been over this before and you didn't believe it then and
I doubt you do now.
 
B

Brent P

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, N8N wrote:

> 100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.


I don't. I take the lane and stop at them. For some reason motorists
don't like this very much. Although it's amusing when they try to pass
me before the stop sign (to cut me off and slam on the brakes I guess)
and end up stuck in the oncoming lane at the stop sign.
 
N

N8N

Guest
On Feb 27, 3:40 pm, Larry Farrell <[email protected]> wrote:
> N8N wrote:
> > On Feb 27, 3:25 pm, Larry Farrell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> N8N wrote:

>
> >> [snip]

>
> >>> Why?  If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
> >>> or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
> >>> something.  I'm still inconvenienced, and I still have to deal with a
> >>> lot of BS.  Since my observations are that 100% of cyclists flagrantly
> >>> violate the rules of the road, that seems like a real problem to me.
> >> [snip]

>
> >>> 100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.
> >> Both of your 100%s are 100% BS.

>
> > Feel free to ride with me someday and prove me wrong.  You won't.
> > You'll be shocked at what you see.  I stand by my statement.  100% of
> > cyclists that I encounter flagrantly violate the rules of the road.
> > Most common infraction is blowing through stop signs at speed.  It
> > sounds incredible, but it is true - ALL cyclists that I encounter ride
> > like they want to be hit.  There's a fair number of cyclists around
> > where I live, too - my commute to/from work takes me across a bike
> > trail, so there's a lot of cyclists that I assume are getting on/off
> > the bike trail and riding on the same roads on which I'm driving.

>
> > nate

>
> Your original statements were that 100% of bicyclists were doing
> illegal things, not that 100% of the bicyclists you observed were
> doing so.  Therefore, your original statements were blatantly wrong.
> I stand by *my* statement.


So the ones I don't see are perfectly law-abiding? Somehow I doubt
that.

nate
 
L

Leo Lichtman

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote: (clip) as long as the cyclist is
> legal, he has no obligation to dress funny so motorists can exert less
> care. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Frank, it looked to me like you were chewing out bad drivers, blaming them
for driving habits that make cyclists less safe. My response did not
suggest that cyclists have an obligation to "dress funny." First, the bad
drivers you hold responsible--and they are certainly out there--are not
affected appreciably by what you say here. Blaming them and telling them to
drive better has virtually no effect. What does have an effect is how I
control my own behavior. I say, if I can make myself live longer by
"dressing funny," it's a personal choice, and I choose it. I'm 80 years old
and I place great value on whatever years I have left.
 

Similar threads

H
Replies
6
Views
1K
C
S
Replies
15
Views
256
Road Cycling
Leo Lichtman
L