Saw my first Segway.

Jon Isaacs

Guest
On my ride to work this morning I had three firsts:

1. Saw a Segway for the first time, the guy was riding it on an empty sidewalk. Basically it looks
like someone riding one of the old push type lawn mowers. Worked quite well on a sidewalk that
was 15 feet wide, nice and smooth and had no pedestrians or other vehicles. My guess is that
were there much of a concentration of Segways, collisions would abound.

2. Had a flat this morning. When replacing the tube, instead of putting in a new tube, I put the
old tube back in. Had the tire buttoned up and was ready to pump it up but I kept wondering
where the old tube was. I was looking around for the old tube and realized I had put it back in
the tire.......

3. First time to use a dollar bill as a boot. I hit something pretty hard and it cut the sidewall
causing the tube to blow out. It got me to work but I am going to change the tire before I ride
that bike home.

jon

Jon Isaacs wrote:

> 2. Had a flat this morning. When replacing the tube, instead of putting in a new tube, I put the
> old tube back in. Had the tire buttoned up and was ready to pump it up but I kept wondering
> where the old tube was. I was looking around for the old tube and realized I had put it back
> in the tire.......

I believe that qualifies you for membership in Densa. As soon as I remove a punctured tube, I tie a
knot in it. Mounting a knotted tube is much more difficult.

"Terry Morse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jon Isaacs wrote: I believe that qualifies you for membership in Densa. As soon as I remove a
> punctured tube, I tie a knot in it. Mounting a knotted tube is much more difficult.
> --
> terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/

Don't listen to him Jon. I've done it several times and surely if it can happen to me, a most gifted
intellectual....ahh, ferget it!! We're Densa members!!!

Cheers,

Scott...

"Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> On my ride to work this morning I had three firsts:
>
> 1. Saw a Segway for the first time, the guy was riding it
on an empty
> sidewalk. Basically it looks like someone riding one of
the old push type lawn
> mowers. Worked quite well on a sidewalk that was 15 feet
wide, nice and smooth
> and had no pedestrians or other vehicles. My guess is
that were there much of
> a concentration of Segways, collisions would abound.

That's what it looks like to me. Segways are too wide. There's more than one reason scooters have
traditionally been single-track designs.

> 2. Had a flat this morning. When replacing the tube,
instead of putting in a
> new tube, I put the old tube back in. Had the tire
buttoned up and was ready
> to pump it up but I kept wondering where the old tube was.
I was looking around
> for the old tube and realized I had put it back in the
tire.......

See, you were never meant to be a surgeon anyway...

> 3. First time to use a dollar bill as a boot. I hit
something pretty hard and
> it cut the sidewall causing the tube to blow out. It got
me to work but I am
> going to change the tire before I ride that bike home.

Tyvek envelopes are incredibly strong, and make great boot material. I've used them a couple of
times. Duct tape works fine too, at least on a mountain bike tire.

Matt O.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I be a Densa memeber too? I didn't put a punctured tube back in, but I was working
on a computer assembly and put a chip in upside down. What's worse is that it took me a lot of
troubleshooting time to find
it. One the upside, I'd done a very nice soldering job.

--

alan

Anyone who believes in a liberal media has never read the "Daily Oklahoman."

Matt O'Toole wrote:

"Tyvek envelopes are incredibly strong, and make great boot material. I've used them a couple of
times. Duct tape works fine too, at least on a mountain bike tire.

Matt O."

I use the denim patches available at any supermarket. Stronger than Tyvek, less stretchy than
duct tape (although that can be used to hold it in place) and that dollar bill will usually buy
about ten!

Terry Morse wrote:
> alan wrote:
>

>>Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I be a Densa memeber too?
>

> Take the test here and see for yourself:
>
> http://www.densa.org/
>
> [Web site loads slowly, so be patient]

LOL! I couldn't wait long enough. I must be ADHD besides!

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:00:28 +0000, Terry Morse wrote:

> alan wrote:
>
>> Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I be a Densa memeber too?
>
> Take the test here and see for yourself:
>
> http://www.densa.org/
>
> [Web site loads slowly, so be patient]

Cute

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I can _`\(,_ | assure you that mine
are all greater. -- A. Einstein (_)/ (_) |

Actually, it loads pretty fast. I mean, look at the source code:

<HTML>

<HEAD> <TITLE>densa</TITLE> <META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Arachnophilia 3.4"> <META
NAME="FORMATTER" CONTENT="Arachnophilia 3.4"> </HEAD>

<BODY BACKGROUND="" BGCOLOR="#000000" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#0000ff" VLINK="#0000ff" ALINK="#ff0000">

</BODY>

</HTML>

Leonard Migliore wrote:

> Actually, it loads pretty fast. I mean, look at the source code:

You must already be a Densa member.