Saw the weirdest thing...

Jeff Potter

Guest
I was driving down this country road when a guy came riding
around the corner on a road bike that was EIGHT FEET TALL!
It was a modern bike--it was made in a totally pro way---
somehow a second tall bike seemed inserted into a base bike.
He had a pack on and was acting, looking, riding just like a
commuter. I was amazed and cracked up and waved.

I've seen weird bikes before, but always in metro areas.

The last time I had a weird bike encounter was when I was
having dinner in Chicago and a guy came riding by on a TEN
FOOT TALL road bike! He, too, was acting just like a
commuter. Not like he was doing any crazy performance art
stunt---just riding by on his bike. That bike was set up
like 3 bikeframes at the bottom, two in the middle then
one on top.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Jeff Potter wrote:
> I was driving down this country road when a guy came
> riding around the corner on a road bike that was EIGHT
> FEET TALL! It was a modern bike--it was made in a totally
> pro way---somehow a second tall bike seemed inserted into
> a base bike. He had a pack on and was acting, looking,
> riding just like a commuter. I was amazed and cracked up
> and waved.
>
> I've seen weird bikes before, but always in metro areas.
>
> The last time I had a weird bike encounter was when I was
> having dinner in Chicago and a guy came riding by on a TEN
> FOOT TALL road bike! He, too, was acting just like a
> commuter. Not like he was doing any crazy performance art
> stunt---just riding by on his bike. That bike was set up
> like 3 bikeframes at the bottom, two in the middle then
> one on top.

You shouldn't drive when taking such strong substances.

Bill "now these nice gentlemen would like to talk to you
a while" S.

"Jeff Potter" <jeff@DELETETHIS!outyourbackdoor.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was driving down this country road when a guy came
> riding around the corner on a road bike that was EIGHT
> FEET TALL! It was a modern bike--it was made in a totally
> pro way---somehow a second tall bike seemed inserted into
> a base bike. He had a pack on and was acting, looking,
> riding just like a commuter. I was amazed and cracked up
> and waved.
>
> I've seen weird bikes before, but always in metro areas.
>
> The last time I had a weird bike encounter was when I was
> having dinner in Chicago and a guy came riding by on a TEN
> FOOT TALL road bike! He, too, was acting just like a
> commuter. Not like he was doing any crazy performance art
> stunt---just riding by on his bike. That bike was set up
> like 3 bikeframes at the bottom, two in the middle then
> one on top.

Take a look at some of these bikes ...

http://www.scul.org/SCUL/SCUL.html

C.Q.C.

In article <[email protected]>,
Jeff Potter <jeff@DELETETHIS!outyourbackdoor.com> wrote:

> I was driving down this country road when a guy came
> riding around the corner on a road bike that was EIGHT
> FEET TALL! It was a modern bike--it was made in a totally
> pro way---somehow a second tall bike seemed inserted into
> a base bike. He had a pack on and was acting, looking,
> riding just like a commuter. I was amazed and cracked up
> and waved.

Oh, that was just Chalo.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected]
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/ President, Fabrizio

Q. <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote:
>"Jeff Potter" <jeff@DELETETHIS!outyourbackdoor.com> wrote
>in message news:[email protected]...
>> I was driving down this country road when a guy came
>> riding around the corner on a road bike that was EIGHT
>> FEET TALL! It was a modern bike--it was made in a totally
>> pro way---somehow a second tall bike seemed inserted into
>> a base bike. He had a pack on and was acting, looking,
>> riding just like a commuter. I was amazed and cracked up
>> and waved.
>
>Take a look at some of these bikes ...
>
>http://www.scul.org/SCUL/SCUL.html

These seems to dredge up a couple more photos:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tall-bike http://images.google.com/images?q=tall-
bikes

(Note the 's' at the end of 2nd URL)

--
Steven O'Neill [email protected] NYC Weather Forecast Chart:
http://www.panix.com/~steveo/cgi/wgraph.cgi

Hey Jeff, the only time I've ever seen a bike that tall was
when I was crawling home from the pub. Be careful they
don't run over your fingers. Are you sure you should have
been driving?

Scott Elliot http://www3.telus.net/selliot/

Dan wrote:

> > ... a road bike that was EIGHT FEET TALL!
>
> Obviously a C.H.U.N.K. tallbike
> http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/tech/tall/

I've heard about the CHUNKs and choppers over the years and
have seen tons of tall bikes in parades and in 'odd news'
stories. The main thing about my experience was seeing two
of them now just out riding---with the weirdest one being
seen riding in the countryside by a commuter. Maybe it'll be
like singlespeeds and be the next big (tall?) thing.

--

Jeff Potter
****