Sbs 2005 Tdf Dvd

Eagle of Toledo

Sep 7, 2005
I just picked up my SBS 2005 TDF DVD, saw all the stages live but like to recap then all again at my own pace, plus it had a few extra goodies like interviews with Simon Gerrans etc that I didn't remember from the TV coverage.

One thing that struck me this time - is Vino the gutsiest rider in the Pro peleton or what?

He attackes on the climbs, gets dropped, comes back and attackes again, goes first over the Galibier and wins the stage, takes on Liepheimer and his two teammates giving them a massive leadout on a points sprint on the last stage - and wins it, not to mention taking the stage itself into Paris clawing his way into the top five, etc, etc.

For years I haven't seen another rider that was so entertaining to watch.

Vino would have won more stages if the T-mobile team supported him.

Anyways I downloaded all 15 days of the TDF off the net, I think these were files which were saved off TV. Have yet to go back and watch any of them tho.

Eagle of Toledo said:
I just picked up my SBS 2005 TDF DVD, saw all the stages live but like to recap then all again at my own pace, plus it had a few extra goodies like interviews with Simon Gerrans etc that I didn't remember from the TV coverage.

One thing that struck me this time - is Vino the gutsiest rider in the Pro peleton or what?

He attackes on the climbs, gets dropped, comes back and attackes again, goes first over the Galibier and wins the stage, takes on Liepheimer and his two teammates giving them a massive leadout on a points sprint on the last stage - and wins it, not to mention taking the stage itself into Paris clawing his way into the top five, etc, etc.

For years I haven't seen another rider that was so entertaining to watch.

Vino would have won more stages if the T-mobile team supported him.
Absolutely, the way they (T-mobile) chased him down on one of the stages was unforgivable, utterly disgraceful.

Eagle of Toledo said:
Nope, I think Dymocks are the only distributors for SBS.
Dymocks have good relations with the sbs publishers, but should be avalabile at all "good" bookstores. Try your local independant bookstore, they should be able to order in. "Buy local"

Bruce
(former bookseller)

Eagle of Toledo said:
I vowed after the poor performance of SBS with the telecast of the final couple of stages I refused to buy this years DVD. So I bought a 8hr version from the UK. I must say in comparision it is a much higher quality then the privious years SBS DVD's but I do miss the special Aussie interviews.

jcjordan said:
I vowed after the poor performance of SBS with the telecast of the final couple of stages I refused to buy this years DVD. So I bought a 8hr version from the UK. I must say in comparision it is a much higher quality then the privious years SBS DVD's but I do miss the special Aussie interviews.
I was a little dissapointed that some of the attacks were skipped in the abbreviated version (eg. Marcos Serrano going up to Mende).

8 hours? Sounds great, where is that purchased from and who does the commentary?

Eagle of Toledo said:
8 hours? Sounds great, where is that purchased from and who does the commentary?

The 8hr I got was bought from the UK. I dont have the name with me but have a look in Cyclesport mag.

Or even better have a look at the 12 hr version in cyclingnews.com website.