SBS coverage of the TdF (was: Who watched the TdF last night?)

Steve Hubbard

Guest
I should preface my post with a congratulations to SBS for an excellent
coverage of the TdF with limited resources.

The live stages, however, could be done better. The 10-15 minute review of
the first seven or eight stages, for example, could be cut out of the
telecast. Most people watching are cyclists or cycling enthusiasts who, one
could assume, have already seen (religiously) most if not all of the 30
minute highlight shows screened twice each evening. I know the review sets a
context for the stage but surely Mike Tomalaris (sic?) could do the same in
his usual succinct and accurate way, as well as possibly:

go behind the scenes with some of the teams,

get the opinions and insights of participating riders,

preview some of the equipment being used that we can¹t buy,

try and show just how big the race is in terms of logistics and personnel,

show some more of the damned podium girls!

SBS coverage of the TdF (was: Who watched the TdF last night?)Why not write to SBS and tell them what you think.
If enough people do it we may get to see more live stages.
While you're at it ask for live coverage of the Spring Classics such as The Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix and then you'll really see some tough guys.

peter
"Steve Hubbard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB3A2040.679C%[email protected]...
I should preface my post with a congratulations to SBS for an excellent coverage of the TdF with limited resources.

The live stages, however, could be done better. The 10-15 minute review of the first seven or eight stages, for example, could be cut out of the telecast. Most people watching are cyclists or cycling enthusiasts who, one could assume, have already seen (religiously) most if not all of the 30 minute highlight shows screened twice each evening. I know the review sets a context for the stage but surely Mike Tomalaris (sic?) could do the same in his usual succinct and accurate way, as well as possibly:

go behind the scenes with some of the teams,

get the opinions and insights of participating riders,

preview some of the equipment being used that we can't buy,