SBS' Cycling Central - Tonight's Episode

Andrew Swan

Guest
I was interested in the segment about Sydney's "Bar Coluzzi" ride. From the sound of it, the pace is
pretty full-on. Can anyone who's been on it tell me what the average speed would be? Is it really
about 40km/h (100 km in 2.5 hours, I think they said)? How big do the bunches get, are there any
stacks, do they run red lights, etc. etc.? I guess I'm asking whether a mere D-grader could hang on,
or would they get shelled like a pea...?

I hope SBS does a segment on Melbourne's big cafe ride(s)...

&roo

Andrew Swan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I was interested in the segment about Sydney's "Bar Coluzzi" ride. From the sound of it, the pace
> is pretty full-on. Can anyone who's been on it tell me what the average speed would be? Is it
> really about 40km/h (100 km in 2.5 hours, I think they said)? How big do the bunches get, are
> there any stacks, do they run red lights, etc. etc.? I guess I'm asking whether a mere D-grader
> could hang on, or would they get shelled like a pea...?
>
> I hope SBS does a segment on Melbourne's big cafe ride(s)...
>
> &roo

Geez, Andrew, ya can't do that ride, 'cos it's on a Saturday morning, and ya'd be stuffed for racing
Saturday Arvo.

Sunday morning, 6:30, Centennial Park Randwick gates is a better bet. Average speed of 32-35km/h out
to Waterfall and back. They're a fairly well-behaved bunch, except for the full-on sprint from
Waterfall to Sutherland. There are a few D graders who tag along.

Cheers,

Suzy