SBS lied to TDF fans about its coverage

blah said:
Sure we're happy that they've ramped up their coverage over the last
few years - that's great (more than great; I'm stoked). We feel
betrayed that when the chips ar down, we're being pushed into the
background by cricket. SBS exist to give minority interest groups,
mainly from multicultural backgrounds, a voice on TV; or at least to
give them some entertainment. Cricket is covered extensively on
commercial TV, and it goes against everything they have until recently
stood for to provide cricket to the masses over a French cycling race.

I am sure that they could get better ratings by replacing all there soccer with AFL as well.

Cutting to the cricket immediately after showing Vino cross the finish line
is unappreciated! We were not told the order of the rest of the finishers
and to find out what the GC was, we had to either jump on the net and look
it up or buy a paper.

I was very happy with SBS's tour coverage until it kept getting interrupted
by the cricket (which I usally enjoy).

Grrr

news:[email protected]...