SBS - London tragedy or Le Tour?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by nitrous, Jul 7, 2005.

1. nitrous

nitrous New Member

A touchy subject but I'll broach it....

Should SBS feel obliged to show the coverage of the London terror attack like every other channel on TV (except channel 9 showing the footy show) or should they be covering The Tour?

Tags:

2. Don Shipp

Don Shipp New Member

The tour, for those who want to watch it. As you say, other channels will be showing the London story.
    Years ago, I was watching snooker on TV and it was interupted to show the SAS storming the Iranian Embassy. I remember being annoyed about this, and there was outrage among the snooker fans.

3. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

I don't see the point of covering such an incident for hours and hours, unless there are developments, which there wasn't.

The tragedy occurred, it was reported, it was expanded upon, and that is it. There were no significant developments after a time.

I feel that the periodic updates that each channel were providing from 9:30pm onwards was sufficient.

"9/11" was arguably more of a catastrophy, and continued to be so for many hours as the buildings burned and burned, then collapsed.... and collapsed, etc.

4. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

TEN = "Big Brother", the rest of the world doesn't exist for them... :mad:

SBS has 3 TV program channels, they could put the London Coverage on the "World News Channel", LCN33.

5. slgeo1

slgeo1 New Member

Tim and I discussed this last night and concluded that "ticker tape" text on the screen was the best way to alert newcommers to the news so they'll go and look up what's going on without interrupting the live coverage.