Scams in Classifieds

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Well, as usual another scammer has posted a "sale" in the classifieds, this time for electronic stuff at impossible prices. Remember that old saw about prices that are too good to be true? Well, the admin, Steve, and his mods obviously have never heard it. This would be a good time to check to see what the word of the day is.... ....the word of the day is "feckless": (adj, of a person) 1. lacking in efficiency or vitality 2. unthinking and irresponsible Hmmm. That sounds about right. Steve and mods, well, it looks like we've found a shoe to fit you.

while I didn't vote on the poll, Craigslist (CL) is a place where people will post crazy prices like E-bay does and if it sells then they make a ton of money on a piece of ****. There is a fool born everyday. I've seen CL old bikes classified as the best racing bike out of Europe raced on during TDF's back in the 80's, priced at $1,100 and they were sacrificing the $2,500 it was worth, and it was a junky low end bike worth $25! Or the ad for a fast ultralight racing bike used by pros when they race, asking $600, and it was a cheap mixte worth $75!! Or a very rare racing bike built by the best Italian bicycle designer priced at $1800, and it was a very low end BSA bike built in America. You see this stuff all the time. But like anyone buying a vintage anything, bikes or whatever, you had better know what your buying. There was a guy on Pawn Shop series that bought a vintage ball and cap single shot pistol for $1200, but now he needed the money so he thought he would sell it, and it turned out to be a modern forgery worth maybe $40...the guy was very ******, but it was his fault because he didn't know his guns and got screwed for his lack of knowledge. This stuff goes on a lot, and it started years ago with fake antiques and fake jewelry, now it's expanded to just about every market you can think of.

the word of the day is "feckless": (adj, of a person) 1. lacking in efficiency or vitality 2. unthinking and irresponsible
Thanks ....I like it. Damn, these blogs just may be a descent learning place after all!

Here's one I saw on another blog :

Lumpenproletariat Marx refers to the lumpenproletariat as the "refuse of all classes", including "swindlers, confidence tricksters, brothel-keepers, rag-and-bone merchants, beggars, and other flotsam of society".