scandium frame

Ari

Guest
My scandium mtb was involved in a brutal roof-rack/garage
door collision that tore the seat off the rails and scraped
the top tube (but no dent). Miraculously the bike has no
visible cracks or dents and is straight. Is it safe to
ride? It was a 1260g frame on my scale and I couldn't
believe it survived.

ari wrote:
> My scandium mtb was involved in a brutal roof-rack/garage
> door collision that tore the seat off the rails and
> scraped the top tube (but no dent). Miraculously the bike
> has no visible cracks or dents and is straight. Is it safe
> to ride? It was a 1260g frame on my scale and I couldn't
> believe it survived.

Keep an eye AND EAR on it, and go ride.

Bill "maybe local-ish at first, though" S.

In article <[email protected]>, ari <[email protected]> wrote:
>My scandium mtb was involved in a brutal roof-rack/garage
>door collision that tore the seat off the rails and scraped
>the top tube (but no dent). Miraculously the bike has no
>visible cracks or dents and is straight. Is it safe to
>ride? It was a 1260g frame on my scale and I couldn't
>believe it survived.

If it's really straight and not cracked then I'd ride it. To
know for sure you would need to check the frame alignment.
If you are concerned about it, have it inspected by a
professional.