Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Scarab Trike vs. Pro Catrike

Started by Al · · Last activity · 2 posts · 3,533 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
11 July 2004
Last activity
11 July 2004
Original author
Al
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,533
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. How does the Pro Catrike Road stand up to the Scarab Trike?
    Can the Catrike even run with the Scarab? I know that the
    Catrike has 27 gears vs the Scarab's 53 gears and I also
    know that they recieve their gears differently the Scarab
    through a 3 rear hub system while the Catrike through a
    convential bicycle system. I was just needing to know
    because I am thing about buying a Catrike and one of the
    riders that I ride with has a Scarab and just wont to be
    able to ride with him with out falling be hind to much or
    will I. I have asked other people and have not recieved any
    information on these two trikes.

    Thank You Al Goodwin

  2. Al said:

    How does the Pro Catrike Road stand up to the Scarab
    Trike? Can the Catrike even run with the Scarab? I know
    that the Catrike has 27 gears vs the Scarab's 53 gears and
    I also know that they recieve their gears differently the
    Scarab through a 3 rear hub system while the Catrike
    through a convential bicycle system. I was just needing to
    know because I am thing about buying a Catrike and one of
    the riders that I ride with has a Scarab and just wont to
    be able to ride with him with out falling be hind to much
    or will I. I have asked other people and have not recieved
    any information on these two trikes.

    I have a Wicks Trimuter, which is essentially the same thing
    as a Scarab.

    I've only test ridden the Catrike Road 2004 briefly, but I
    can't imagine that you'd be much if any slower on it than
    you would be on a Scarab. Probably the reverse since the
    Catrike is like 10 lbs lighter than the Scarab, which would
    make a noticeable difference on climbs assuming properly
    wheel alignment and similar tires on both bikes.

    Having said that, I would say that if you've test ridden a
    Scarab and like its comfort and performance and price, while
    you have no opportunity to try the Catrike first, I'd say
    you should just get your own Scarab and live in ignorant
    bliss (meaning you'll have to stop reading about all the new
    stuff coming down the pike :-).

    --
    I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE
    for legitimate replies.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.