Scared to Weigh In...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Zaz, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Zaz

    Zaz Guest

    Hi...

    With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself suddenly
    scared of weighing in...

    In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I realise
    that I have also been very scared to eat. I usually took
    most of my FlexPoints, but this week not only did I not take
    any, but worse: I have eaten under my points, some times as
    much as 5 points less.

    I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but did
    not really watch the total amount of points, as long as I
    was lower than target I didn't care. Before, I used to make
    up with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I didn't
    this week.

    Now I realise that this was probably the best way to gain
    weight. So I am afraid of weighing in.

    Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but start
    again to eat properly.

    Isabelle

    Tags:

  2. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Isabelle:

    The best thing to do is to listen to yourself and start
    again and eat properly. Go to your weigh in just so you
    don't make it any bigger and scarier than it is. You have a
    good head on your shoulders.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/197/191.5

    Zaz wrote:
    > Hi...
    >
    > With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself
    > suddenly scared of weighing in...
    >
    > In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    > realise that I have also been very scared to eat. I
    > usually took most of my FlexPoints, but this week not only
    > did I not take any, but worse: I have eaten under my
    > points, some times as much as 5 points less.
    >
    > I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but did
    > not really watch the total amount of points, as long as I
    > was lower than target I didn't care. Before, I used to
    > make up with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I
    > didn't this week.
    >
    > Now I realise that this was probably the best way to gain
    > weight. So I am afraid of weighing in.
    >
    > Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but
    > start again to eat properly.
    >
    > Isabelle

  3. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:07:33 -0500, "Zaz"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi...
    >
    >With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself suddenly
    >scared of weighing in...
    >
    >In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    >realise that I have also been very scared to eat.

    You'll probably be pleasantly surprised next WI. One week of
    low points will probably mean you have lost quite a bit this
    time. The problem is that if you keep on with low points
    you'll slow your metabolism and the weight loss will stop.
    You will probably get away with it for 1 week, if you get
    back to eating properly next week.

    Good luck

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/200/182

  4. Zaz

    Zaz Guest

    Thanks for the advice.

    I went to my weigh in: I lost 1 lb. Pfew!

    I am feeling better already!

    Next mini-goal: get below 150 (1.1 pounds to go)

    Isabelle
    162/151/130

    "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi...
    >
    > With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself
    > suddenly scared of weighing in...
    >
    > In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    > realise that I have also been very scared to eat. I
    > usually took most of my FlexPoints, but this week not only
    > did I not take any, but worse: I have eaten under my
    > points, some times as much as 5 points less.
    >
    > I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but did
    > not really
    watch
    > the total amount of points, as long as I was lower
    > than target I didn't care. Before, I used to make up
    > with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I
    > didn't this week.
    >
    > Now I realise that this was probably the best way to gain
    > weight. So I am afraid of weighing in.
    >
    > Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but
    > start again to eat properly.
    >
    > Isabelle

  5. and you need to weigh to see how the pattern you have eaten affects things.
    If you skip the WI you will have incomplete data and might then repeat this
    situation. If you go and do WI you will have information that will help you
    to adjust your behavior. I am talking big for someone who is a big suffer
    of "scale anxiety" Fred calls it the tyranny of the scale, It is only one
    tool in an arsenal of tools to help you manage your health, good luck, Lee
    Zaz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi...
    >
    > With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself
    > suddenly scared of weighing in...
    >
    > In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    > realise that I have also been very scared to eat. I
    > usually took most of my FlexPoints, but this week not only
    > did I not take any, but worse: I have eaten under my
    > points, some times as much as 5 points less.
    >
    > I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but did
    > not really
    watch
    > the total amount of points, as long as I was lower
    > than target I didn't care. Before, I used to make up
    > with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I
    > didn't this week.
    >
    > Now I realise that this was probably the best way to gain
    > weight. So I am afraid of weighing in.
    >
    > Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but
    > start again to eat properly.
    >
    > Isabelle

  6. Nice loss Isabelle, but remember to at least eat your
    minimum points.

    Brenda

    "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the advice.
    >
    > I went to my weigh in: I lost 1 lb. Pfew!
    >
    > I am feeling better already!
    >
    > Next mini-goal: get below 150 (1.1 pounds to go)
    >
    > Isabelle
    > 162/151/130
    >
    > "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi...
    > >
    > > With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself
    > > suddenly scared of weighing in...
    > >
    > > In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    > > realise that I have also been very scared to eat. I
    > > usually took most of my FlexPoints, but this week not
    > > only did I not take any, but worse: I have eaten under
    > > my points, some times as much as 5 points less.
    > >
    > > I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but
    > > did not really
    > watch
    > > the total amount of points, as long as I was lower
    > > than target I didn't care. Before, I used to make up
    > > with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I
    > > didn't this week.
    > >
    > > Now I realise that this was probably the best way to
    > > gain weight. So I
    am
    > > afraid of weighing in.
    > >
    > > Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but
    > > start again to
    eat
    > > properly.
    > >
    > > Isabelle

  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Worked out okay afterall.

    Congrats on the loss and best on that next minigoal

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:55:28 -0500, "Zaz"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the advice.
    >
    >I went to my weigh in: I lost 1 lb. Pfew!
    >
    >I am feeling better already!
    >
    >Next mini-goal: get below 150 (1.1 pounds to go)
    >
    >Isabelle
    >162/151/130
    >
    >"Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi...
    >>
    >> With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself
    >> suddenly scared of weighing in...
    >>
    >> In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    >> realise that I have also been very scared to eat. I
    >> usually took most of my FlexPoints, but this week not
    >> only did I not take any, but worse: I have eaten under my
    >> points, some times as much as 5 points less.
    >>
    >> I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but did
    >> not really
    >watch
    >> the total amount of points, as long as I was lower
    >> than target I didn't care. Before, I used to make up
    >> with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I
    >> didn't this week.
    >>
    >> Now I realise that this was probably the best way to gain
    >> weight. So I am afraid of weighing in.
    >>
    >> Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but
    >> start again to eat properly.
    >>
    >> Isabelle

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Congrats on the loss!! I'm glad you went!! Good luck on your
    next mini goal.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/197/191.5

  9. wonderful news, and great attitude about moving to the next mini goal, Lee
    Zaz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the advice.
    >
    > I went to my weigh in: I lost 1 lb. Pfew!
    >
    > I am feeling better already!
    >
    > Next mini-goal: get below 150 (1.1 pounds to go)
    >
    > Isabelle
    > 162/151/130
    >
    > "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi...
    > >
    > > With last week's gain of 0.8 pounds, I find myself
    > > suddenly scared of weighing in...
    > >
    > > In fact, looking on my journal for this past week, I
    > > realise that I have also been very scared to eat. I
    > > usually took most of my FlexPoints, but this week not
    > > only did I not take any, but worse: I have eaten under
    > > my points, some times as much as 5 points less.
    > >
    > > I don't believe I did it conciously. I journaled, but
    > > did not really
    > watch
    > > the total amount of points, as long as I was lower
    > > than target I didn't care. Before, I used to make up
    > > with a snack at night, just to reach my points. I
    > > didn't this week.
    > >
    > > Now I realise that this was probably the best way to
    > > gain weight. So I
    am
    > > afraid of weighing in.
    > >
    > > Well. Past is past, right, and I can't do anything but
    > > start again to
    eat