Schiavo debate: Ploy for evangelical vote in 06'?

Colorado Ryder said:
May well be more progressive. God doesn't change his word to fit with our current state of civilization. Only man tries to change God's word to fit his needs.
Prove the existence and wordage of God, then I might start to believe some of the Mumbo Jumbo spouted about it.
That should close it up.

FredC said:
Prove the existence and wordage of God, then I might start to believe some of the Mumbo Jumbo spouted about it.
That should close it up.
Prove he doesn't exist. A man that doesn't know what faith is.

Colorado Ryder said:
Prove he doesn't exist. A man that doesn't know what faith is.
I don't have to verify that point but the Goddites should do. I don't run a country and tell people that a non proven thing is the mythical power.

For once we agree. have you ever compared the 4 accounts of the resurrection and crucifixion? Did you know all the accounts don't coincide with regard to such fundamental issues as to what one of the crucified criminals said or how many were by Jesus's side. Such a testimony wouldn't even hold up in Michael Jackson's trial.
Added to that, miracles weren't only a coomon attribute of Hebrew texts. Greek history also threw in miracles and there's a testimony of a Roman emperor who was supposed to have healed the blind.

FredC said:
I don't have to verify that point but the Goddites should do. I don't run a country and tell people that a non proven thing is the mythical power.

FredC said:
Why should I have to prove god exists? You already think you are God.

Are you saying our Fred C is like Caligula? I have a genuine coin of Caligula in my collection and that guy did believe he was a god. There was a temple installed for his worship and birds were sacrificed in his honour.

Colorado Ryder said:
Why should I have to prove god exists? You already think you are God.

Carrera said:
For once we agree. have you ever compared the 4 accounts of the resurrection and crucifixion? Did you know all the accounts don't coincide with regard to such fundamental issues as to what one of the crucified criminals said or how many were by Jesus's side. Such a testimony wouldn't even hold up in Michael Jackson's trial.
Added to that, miracles weren't only a coomon attribute of Hebrew texts. Greek history also threw in miracles and there's a testimony of a Roman emperor who was supposed to have healed the blind.
I'm not agreeing with you. Ever. Have you been drinking again? Another **** post.

FredC said:
Here, here. But, tell me, is your queen or prince the titular head of state & ceremonial or literal defender of the church :confused: That arrangement would trouble me unless it was only ceremonial. Is the Monarch expected to be Anglican or Protestant?

Yes, I was drinking last night. It's either red wine or guiness these days. Today I ride and kick ass in the hills.

FredC said:
I'm not agreeing with you. Ever. Have you been drinking again? Another **** post.

davidmc said:
Here, here. But, tell me, is your queen or prince the titular head of state & ceremonial or literal defender of the church :confused: That arrangement would trouble me unless it was only ceremonial. Is the Monarch expected to be Anglican or Protestant?
No idea really, nobody bothers about that here. Religion is not an issue in this country.