Schlumpf Speed Drive

Tosspot wrote:

> Anyone used one of these?

Briefly, on a test bike. The Brompton will probably have one (or a
mountain drive with a different chainwheel setup) at one point, when
I've the money spare. They seem to do what they say on the tin.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Tosspot wrote:
> Anyone used one of these?

There was one on the Trice Micro I tested for BROL a couple of years back.
Works as advertised, though does mean an increased Q-factor. Since it
effectively added only four ratios at the top end, I found myself rarely
switching into overdrive.

und keine Eie.

Got one (mountain drive) on my brompton. Very well made and does it's job
perfectly.
Use Kenitics' gear calculation chart
http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/k_gear.shtml to work out the gear ratios as
it has all the Schlumpf drives in the calculations so all you have to do is
click the box-----very useful.
What are you going to fit it to? and what do you want to acheive?
I would only suggest it's a viable purchase where no other gearing
alternative is suitable, mainly because of it's cost which is somewhere
about the 300 pound mark.
But there is no doubt thet it's a beautiful bit of engineering.

"Tosspot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Anyone used one of these?

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:25:09 +0000 (UTC), "Steve W"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I would only suggest it's a viable purchase where no other gearing
>alternative is suitable, mainly because of it's cost which is somewhere
>about the 300 pound mark.
>But there is no doubt thet it's a beautiful bit of engineering.

There's one going on ebay right now, a Mountain Drive. Auction ends in
14 hours and the price is currently at £54.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7153402225

I don''t know the seller from Adam, so, usual ebay caveats apply.

"Bob"

--

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.

Steve W wrote:

> Got one (mountain drive) on my brompton. Very well made and does
> it's job perfectly. Use Kenitics' gear calculation chart
> http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/k_gear.shtml to work out the gear
> ratios as it has all the Schlumpf drives in the calculations so all
> you have to do is click the box-----very useful. What are you going
> to fit it to? and what do you want to acheive? I would only suggest
> it's a viable purchase where no other gearing alternative is
> suitable, mainly because of it's cost which is somewhere about the
> 300 pound mark. But there is no doubt thet it's a beautiful bit of
> engineering.

Going to stick in on the Anthrotech(http://www.anthrotech.de). Its a
bit under geared and I'm
loath to move the low end up, its allready a bugger on hills. Rohloff hub.

I've mailed Schlumpf to ask if they would contact Anthrotech to see if
there are any problems and to cost up getting a second bottom bracket
housing, milling, assembling and sending it to me. The milling bit was
a concern.

Would probably be better to get a bigger chain ring just to try out
before going further, however, a very positive response from those that
use one, so allthough 300 squids is a lot, it won't be wasted.