Schrader valve sizes???

Originally Posted by oldbobcat .

Surely, you must understand there are people out there who are incipiently inferior to alfeng and need to be served at their own levels.

Look at it this way, alf. If everyone were as smart as you, you wouldn't have anything to say to anybody.
While your peeps may need some hand holding ...

Even most of them can certainly learn to ...

1. attach the hook on the leader ...
  2. attach the leader to the line ...
  3. bait the hook if it isn't a "fly" ...
  4. cast into the shady part of the river wherever the river runs slower ...
  5. wait for the fish to bite ...
  6. re-cast as necessary.

OF COURSE, no matter how much you or I may know, I would think that the great equalizer has to be YouTube.

Originally Posted by alfeng .

FWIW. Here's something that I just looked up this morning (via a Yahoo search) which you may want to consider stocking for your customers:

And by the way, only the extenders that thread to the inside of the valve on the tube will work for rims like this.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat .

And by the way, only the extenders that thread to the inside of the valve on the tube will work for rims like this.
Are there Schrader valve extenders which thread inside the valve body?

Just how deep are the rims which need long stem Schrader valves?

• Does any of the valve's exterior threading remain exposed?

Originally Posted by alfeng .

Are there Schrader valve extenders which thread inside the valve body?

Just how deep are the rims which need long stem Schrader valves?

• Does any of the valve's exterior threading remain exposed?
Deep enough to cover the threading for the valve cap. If there were enough exposed exterior threading, we'd be able to stick a chuck on there and inflate away.

And, if you thread anything to outside if the valve stem before inserting, it won't fit through the hole.

Most of my experience with these tubes has been with the Schwinn hybrid wheels. They were very stylish with perhaps a 5 cm dish and 16 or 20 spokes, and they weighed about 5 lbs a pair.

There's also a mountain bike distributed through one of those guns-n-rods sportsmen's stores with a similar need for long stems, except it needs 29 x 2.0. Yep, it's a 29'er.

Quote: Originally Posted by oldbobcat .

Deep enough to cover the threading for the valve cap. If there were enough exposed exterior threading, we'd be able to stick a chuck on there and inflate away.

And, if you thread anything to outside if the valve stem before inserting, it won't fit through the hole.

Most of my experience with these tubes has been with the Schwinn hybrid wheels. They were very stylish with perhaps a 5 cm dish and 16 or 20 spokes, and they weighed about 5 lbs a pair.

There's also a mountain bike distributed through one of those guns-n-rods sportsmen's stores with a similar need for long stems, except it needs 29 x 2.0. Yep, it's a 29'er.

Interesting ...

Thanks.