Schumacher positive

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Bro Deal, Oct 6, 2008.

1. fscyclist

fscyclist New Member

Malkmus, Hematocrit is so easily manipulated it isn't even worth reporting. To provide a graph of HCT changes is worthless at best and misleading at worst. Did you really think CSC was clean? Or any other team for that matter?

2. olo

olo New Member

In a short interview Sebastian Lang said, Schumacher was the only one on the team bus who wasnt celebrating after they had heard thad Ricco was busted for CERA.

3. Wayne666

Wayne666 New Member

I wish they would go back and test other samples from the Giro and other races from earlier in the year. If they really want a clean cycling this is a grand oppurtunity to clear out the cheats. Same deal if the HgH test ever gets sanctioned, go to retroactive testing.

Of course, while the resolve of the UCI to fight doping finally got serious with the appointment of Gripper, I highly doubt they are still fully 100% committed to the fight or else they would be going back and using these new urine and blood CERA tests to clean house. And again, how many riders have been stopped by the UCI from racing based on the blood biopassport?

Fuentes & Freiberg Clinic can not have been the only sources for blood doping out there.

4. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Reprots coming through that Sastre has tested P....... watch this space.

5. Wayne666

Wayne666 New Member

I hope so, not because I wish any bad on him since he seems lie a decent sort of person but because it will hopefully put the nail in the coffins of people who want to believe in miracles (didn't Lance hold-out Sastre as someone from his generation was winning despite the fact that he didn't really win back then?) and demonstrate that no amount of testing/oversight is full-proof or perhaps even a reasonable assurance someone is playing clean.

More cynically it could indicate the Damsgaard program is really a smokescreen to cover doping, not prevent it.

6. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Lance did do this..... well he said he was part of the older generation so its ok for Lance to comeback. What is funny about this is teflon Bruyneel.... how he gets away with this shit is amazing..... I reckon he'll be thanking god for being booted from the Tour this year...... along with a cache load of CERA left by the side of a Belgium highway....

7. zlatan

zlatan New Member

where did you get that "reports" from?

8. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Not reliable at all..... from another forum from a poster saying they had it on "good authority"........ so make of it what you will.....

9. zlatan

zlatan New Member

ok.. but when would we espect the next result from the cera test to come?

10. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

I think more this week.... they need to inform the federations first so its up to them to release the information......

11. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

The UCI will never do it. The UCI is a joke compared to the AFLD. The UCI only wants to catch one or two riders (on teams that did not pay bribes to the UCI) so they look like they are doing something.

12. RdBiker

RdBiker New Member

Was it because of the passport or for other reasons that some riders were tested far more often during this season?
    Why UCI won't test the other samples of this season for CERA? Didn't Astana race in the other races of 2008? Just something to think about...

13. poulidor

poulidor New Member

Because UCI were not collecting enough bribes they put the one year salary fine. Doing so they are double times winner, you don't pay the bribes, we catch you, you pay the fine and you cannot race.

14. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Something to think about: Schumacher beat Cancellara twice in the TDF but couldn't compete with him in the Olympics.
    Chances are that riders believed the Olympic testing would be more stringent and held off doping to some extent.

15. poulidor

poulidor New Member

Nope. After Ricco tested positive, Schumacher has understood that CERA was not the perfect EPO.
    What were using the CSC boys?

16. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Schumacher probably did not use CERA anymore after Ricco was busted. By the time the Olympics rolled around, his form was down because of that. I wonder why he did not fake an injury and drop out of the Tour after Ricco was caught. It would be funny if a blood sample from the end of the TdF is what caught Schumacher.

17. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I don't believe they thought the testing would be as effective as it was during the TDF.

18. poulidor

poulidor New Member

If Schumacher was one of the warned riders, he already was multiple tested when Ricco positivity was known so the new testing could only be less dangerous.

19. rob of the og

rob of the og New Member

He'd already been tested plenty of times earlier in the Tour and would already have known that he was found negative. He couldn't have known that they were going to use a better test later. He'd have been tranquil thinking that they were less likely to find any CERA with each test that followed.

20. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

This is what I have been told whether accurate or not I am not sure.