Schumacher positive

Malkmus said:
Oh his charts showed the fluctuating values alright. They just explained it with an asterisk. Problem solved.

I posted the chart here last year and was convinced that it showed major problems in the team. Yet, none of the medical people chimed in. I still think that the proof of doping was in Damsgaard's data. His problem is that he loses his job if he finds most of the team to be doping.

Here is the chart:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jun07/jun22news

Guess which rider is Andy Schleck.
Malkmus, Hematocrit is so easily manipulated it isn't even worth reporting. To provide a graph of HCT changes is worthless at best and misleading at worst. Did you really think CSC was clean? Or any other team for that matter?

In a short interview Sebastian Lang said, Schumacher was the only one on the team bus who wasnt celebrating after they had heard thad Ricco was busted for CERA.

earth_dweller said:
you know, I now so wish that Astana had been at the Tour, what a shame.
I wish they would go back and test other samples from the Giro and other races from earlier in the year. If they really want a clean cycling this is a grand oppurtunity to clear out the cheats. Same deal if the HgH test ever gets sanctioned, go to retroactive testing.

Of course, while the resolve of the UCI to fight doping finally got serious with the appointment of Gripper, I highly doubt they are still fully 100% committed to the fight or else they would be going back and using these new urine and blood CERA tests to clean house. And again, how many riders have been stopped by the UCI from racing based on the blood biopassport?

Fuentes & Freiberg Clinic can not have been the only sources for blood doping out there.

Wayne666 said:
I wish they would go back and test other samples from the Giro and other races from earlier in the year. If they really want a clean cycling this is a grand oppurtunity to clear out the cheats. Same deal if the HgH test ever gets sanctioned, go to retroactive testing.

Of course, while the resolve of the UCI to fight doping finally got serious with the appointment of Gripper, I highly doubt they are still fully 100% committed to the fight or else they would be going back and using these new urine and blood CERA tests to clean house. And again, how many riders have been stopped by the UCI from racing based on the blood biopassport?

Fuentes & Freiberg Clinic can not have been the only sources for blood doping out there.
Reprots coming through that Sastre has tested P....... watch this space.

whiteboytrash said:
Reprots coming through that Sastre has tested P....... watch this space.
I hope so, not because I wish any bad on him since he seems lie a decent sort of person but because it will hopefully put the nail in the coffins of people who want to believe in miracles (didn't Lance hold-out Sastre as someone from his generation was winning despite the fact that he didn't really win back then?) and demonstrate that no amount of testing/oversight is full-proof or perhaps even a reasonable assurance someone is playing clean.

More cynically it could indicate the Damsgaard program is really a smokescreen to cover doping, not prevent it.

Wayne666 said:
(didn't Lance hold-out Sastre as someone from his generation was winning despite the fact that he didn't really win back then?)
Lance did do this..... well he said he was part of the older generation so its ok for Lance to comeback. What is funny about this is teflon Bruyneel.... how he gets away with this **** is amazing..... I reckon he'll be thanking god for being booted from the Tour this year...... along with a cache load of CERA left by the side of a Belgium highway....

zlatan said:
where did you get that "reports" from?
Not reliable at all..... from another forum from a poster saying they had it on "good authority"........ so make of it what you will.....

whiteboytrash said:
Not reliable at all..... from another forum from a poster saying they had it on "good authority"........ so make of it what you will.....
ok.. but when would we espect the next result from the cera test to come?

zlatan said:
ok.. but when would we espect the next result from the cera test to come?
I think more this week.... they need to inform the federations first so its up to them to release the information......

Wayne666 said:

The UCI will never do it. The UCI is a joke compared to the AFLD. The UCI only wants to catch one or two riders (on teams that did not pay bribes to the UCI) so they look like they are doing something.

Bro Deal said:
The UCI will never do it. The UCI is a joke compared to the AFLD. The UCI only wants to catch one or two riders (on teams that did not pay bribes to the UCI) so they look like they are doing something.

Was it because of the passport or for other reasons that some riders were tested far more often during this season?
Why UCI won't test the other samples of this season for CERA? Didn't Astana race in the other races of 2008? Just something to think about...

Because UCI were not collecting enough bribes they put the one year salary fine. Doing so they are double times winner, you don't pay the bribes, we catch you, you pay the fine and you cannot race.

Something to think about: Schumacher beat Cancellara twice in the TDF but couldn't compete with him in the Olympics.
Chances are that riders believed the Olympic testing would be more stringent and held off doping to some extent.

jhuskey said:
Something to think about: Schumacher beat Cancellara twice in the TDF but couldn't compete with him in the Olympics.
Chances are that riders believed the Olympic testing would be more stringent and held off doping to some extent.
Nope. After Ricco tested positive, Schumacher has understood that CERA was not the perfect EPO.
What were using the CSC boys?

jhuskey said:
Schumacher probably did not use CERA anymore after Ricco was busted. By the time the Olympics rolled around, his form was down because of that. I wonder why he did not fake an injury and drop out of the Tour after Ricco was caught. It would be funny if a blood sample from the end of the TdF is what caught Schumacher.

Bro Deal said:
Schumacher probably did not use CERA anymore after Ricco was busted. By the time the Olympics rolled around, his form was down because of that. I wonder why he did not fake an injury and drop out of the Tour after Ricco was caught. It would be funny if a blood sample from the end of the TdF is what caught Schumacher.

I don't believe they thought the testing would be as effective as it was during the TDF.

Bro Deal said:
If Schumacher was one of the warned riders, he already was multiple tested when Ricco positivity was known so the new testing could only be less dangerous.

Bro Deal said:

He'd already been tested plenty of times earlier in the Tour and would already have known that he was found negative. He couldn't have known that they were going to use a better test later. He'd have been tranquil thinking that they were less likely to find any CERA with each test that followed.

rob of the og said:
He'd already been tested plenty of times earlier in the Tour and would already have known that he was found negative. He couldn't have known that they were going to use a better test later. He'd have been tranquil thinking that they were less likely to find any CERA with each test that followed.

This is what I have been told whether accurate or not I am not sure.