Schumacher tested

Malkmus

Mar 23, 2008
The vampires made a surprise visit to the German team today. With all the guys they could have tested, they chose one: Schumacher. They must be trying to establish some sort of baseline.

Have you a link at all?

Hm, i wonder if they studied the Ricco data and tried to work out when people were most likely to test positive, ie when before races they were likely to try and take stuff. He may be innocent but i think that Schumacher's performance was surprising. His back to back attacks in the Alps were Pantani or Sella-like in some ways

Anticyclone said:
His back to back attacks in the Alps were Pantani or Sella-like in some ways
One major difference was that he didn't make it first to the finish.
tongue.gif

I'm not saying he's clean, but his performance was a lot more believable IMO.

jonjungel said:
One major difference was that he didn't make it first to the finish.
tongue.gif

I'm not saying he's clean, but his performance was a lot more believable IMO.
Yes, i suppose i am being a little unfair to him by comparing him to the two i did although his style of attack was a bit different:D

There was also the attack on the second day after the Alps followed by the time trial victory the next day. To be fair to him though he did seem to give up on the Croix de fer on the second Alpine stage and reached the top of Alpe d'huez 18.52 down on the leaders. His attack on the flat stage didnt last all day - about 50km and maybe he didnt try that hard knowing he had a good chance in the time trial:) Does seem remarkably energetic for the last week of a grand tour though

Anticyclone said:
Does seem remarkably energetic for the last week of a grand tour though
I didn't think his first TT win was as remarkable as many seemed to, but after spending so many kms on the attack in the Alps, and then win the long final TT? That was pretty suspicious.

Wayne666 said:
I didn't think his first TT win was as remarkable as many seemed to, but after spending so many kms on the attack in the Alps, and then win the long final TT? That was pretty suspicious.
No, i thought his first TT win could have been the result of someone who had previously won a time trial realising there was a chance of a yellow jersey if he could win this one and training specifically for it.

In Schumacher's defence the Prato Nevoso stage saw him ease his way to the finish with a 20 minute deficit - on Ricco's stage he didnt finish in the big yellow jersey group.

Anticyclone said:
No, i thought his first TT win could have been the result of someone who had previously won a time trial realising there was a chance of a yellow jersey if he could win this one and training specifically for it.

In Schumacher's defence the Prato Nevoso stage saw him ease his way to the finish with a 20 minute deficit - on Ricco's stage he didnt finish in the big yellow jersey group.
Compare him to Cancellara who rode like a steam train on the front of peleton through the mountains and then very nearly won the time trial. Let's hope they're testing him too.

Malkmus said:
The vampires made a surprise visit to the German team today. With all the guys they could have tested, they chose one: Schumacher. They must be trying to establish some sort of baseline.

Targeted test. Like the ones that nabbed Ricco and Sella.

I don't blame them.

Malkmus said:
You can only connect the dots looking backwards.

Bump.

Need to put current threads back to the top because of the Spam nob head (Flyer)