Schwalbe Marathon Plus - ouch

Rex Kerr wrote:
> dgk wrote:
>
>> Just for home use or for taking on the road. I'm not really concerned
>> much about weight but that thing is 31 grams - two pounds!

> I didn't notice that they had that under the specs. I don't pay much
> attention to weight, but I'm just about certain that they're wrong. I
> carry it and it doesn't feel much heavier (if any) than a set of three
> plastic tire levers. It's just plastic.
>
> Er... guess I was wrong... just found it on crankbrothers.com, and they
> also claim 31g. I have a hard time believing that.
>
> BTW... here's a better explanation of how it works... the picture
> doesn't begin to do it justice:

Ah, OK!

You both mistyped 310 grams!

SMH

> Ah, OK!
>
> You both mistyped 310 grams!

Ugh... OK... grr... he said 2 lbs, and I just mentally went ~32 oz, yep,
that's two pounds... <red face>

Yeah, 31 grams is VERY LIGHT. haha I knew that there was no way that
it could be 2 lbs... but then thought it's been so long since I've
needed it that perhaps I was wrong!

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:44:02 -0500, dgk <[email protected]> wrote:

[---]

>Just for home use or for taking on the road. I'm not really concerned
>much about weight but that thing is 31 grams - two pounds!

Erm... 31g is just over an ounce!

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:56:53 -0800, Rex Kerr <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Ah, OK!
>>
>> You both mistyped 310 grams!

>Ugh... OK... grr... he said 2 lbs, and I just mentally went ~32 oz, yep,
>that's two pounds... <red face>
>
>Yeah, 31 grams is VERY LIGHT. haha I knew that there was no way that
>it could be 2 lbs... but then thought it's been so long since I've
>needed it that perhaps I was wrong!

Oops. Right. It's been too long since I've had to weigh drugs and I
guess I did too many when I did weigh them. Right, 16 oz in a pound.
454 grams. That's better then. Never mind. I'll order it now.