Schwalbe Marathon

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Mon, 05 May 2008, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
> I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
> want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
> don't use it much.

Is it the 406 or the 28 you're questioning? There's a 40-406 marathon
on the back of my Trice, but last I looked the 20" marathons were
quite wide.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

On 05 May 2008 18:56:58 GMT, Ian Smith <[email protected]> said
in <[email protected]>:

>> Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
>> I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
>> want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
>> don't use it much.

>Is it the 406 or the 28 you're questioning? There's a 40-406 marathon
>on the back of my Trice, but last I looked the 20" marathons were
>quite wide.

The 28. Anything much bigger won't fit with mudguards.

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1073-marathon.html suggests you can't.

http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/tyre_guide.shtml lists some sizes
that www.schwalbe.co.uk doesn't, but the Stelvio is the only 28-406 shown.

> Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
> I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
> want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
> don't use it much.
>
> Guy
> --
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
>
> 85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

Try St John Street bikes. If they haven't got it, you can't get it.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On 05 May 2008 18:56:58 GMT, Ian Smith <[email protected]> said
> in <[email protected]>:
>
>>> Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
>>> I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
>>> want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
>>> don't use it much.

>> Is it the 406 or the 28 you're questioning? There's a 40-406 marathon
>> on the back of my Trice, but last I looked the 20" marathons were
>> quite wide.

> The 28. Anything much bigger won't fit with mudguards.

the 406x38 on the front of my Streetamchine and similar on the front of
Roos' Fiero disagree... (Roos switched out Stelvios for them, as a
matter of fact). We both have standard SKS 'guards.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On Tue, 06 May 2008 08:29:59 +0100, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>> The 28. Anything much bigger won't fit with mudguards.

>the 406x38 on the front of my Streetamchine and similar on the front of
>Roos' Fiero disagree... (Roos switched out Stelvios for them, as a
>matter of fact). We both have standard SKS 'guards.

Mine does not have much in the way of clearances.