"Schwinn backpedaling"

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Mike, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Schwinn backpedaling
    Men of a certain age who relish the memory of their old Schwinn
    "banana seat" bike may want to pull a wheelie: The company has
    reintroduced this two-wheeled icon of the 1960s. Schwinn introduced
    the reinvented Sting-Ray bicycle in Madison, Wis., yesterday, billing
    it "The Rebirth of Cool."
    at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040312-115033-2940r.htm

    Tags:

  2. Beverly

    Beverly Guest

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:cd3bf67d.040314[email protected]...
    > Schwinn backpedaling Men of a certain age who relish the
    > memory of their old Schwinn "banana seat" bike may want to
    > pull a wheelie: The company has reintroduced this two-
    > wheeled icon of the 1960s. Schwinn introduced the
    > reinvented Sting-Ray bicycle in Madison, Wis., yesterday,
    > billing it "The Rebirth of Cool." at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040312-115033-
    > 2940r.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/2p5dt

    That is one neat looking bike. I'm sure my son would have
    wanted one if they had been available when he was a child.
    Maybe his girls will beg him for one<g> I don't think this
    grandmother will be buying one for herself but I could buy
    one and keep it for the grandsons when they visit!

    I look forward to see how it does in sales.

    Beverly