Schwinn Homegrown Rear Shock Help

rich_kildow

Sep 15, 2004
This is my first post, and I'm starting off right away with a question. I recently purchased a frame off a bike shop that was being repo'd, and I need to find out what size the rear shock is. It is either a '97-'98 Schwinn (Factory) Homegrown, full suspension. It currently has a Rock Shox Coupe or Coupe Deluxe, the old school coil over. I'm planning on building it up as I used to have one back in the day and loved the frame and geometry of it. I would like to upgrade to an air shock, probabally a Cane Creek or a last generation Fox. I don't know what size it is supposed to be though, eye to eye. The link is to a picture of the frame I found on mtbreview. If anybody could point me in the right direction or give me the specs, that would be great. Ride hard and be safe.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike/product_18786.shtml

rich_kildow said:
This is my first post, and I'm starting off right away with a question. I recently purchased a frame off a bike shop that was being repo'd, and I need to find out what size the rear shock is. It is either a '97-'98 Schwinn (Factory) Homegrown, full suspension. It currently has a Rock Shox Coupe or Coupe Deluxe, the old school coil over. I'm planning on building it up as I used to have one back in the day and loved the frame and geometry of it. I would like to upgrade to an air shock, probabally a Cane Creek or a last generation Fox. I don't know what size it is supposed to be though, eye to eye. The link is to a picture of the frame I found on mtbreview. If anybody could point me in the right direction or give me the specs, that would be great. Ride hard and be safe.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike/product_18786.shtml
One thing you can do is take the shock out and remove the coil, then measure the shock at it's extended and collapsed lengts, also cycle the suspension travel of the bike without the shock in it and you will find there is a range of shocks that may work for you...