Schwinn Le Tour Luxo bicycle

Professor of Sour Cabbage Soup

Guest
Schwinn Le Tour Luxo bicycle, 12 spd, chrome moly frame.

Got it at a garage sale and an not sure whether to keep it or
not. Would you say that it is a good bicycle? I have a road bike that
I like, in all respects, except that sometimes it loses the chain or
does not switch as well as I would like. I do not know if these
Schwinns are any better or not, it seems to be OK made, but I do not
know if it is a better ibke or not. Thanks

[email protected]

On Jul 1, 4:29 pm, [email protected] (Professor of Sour Cabbage
Soup) wrote:
> Schwinn Le Tour Luxo bicycle, 12 spd, chrome moly frame.
>
> Got it at a garage sale and an not sure whether to keep it or
> not. Would you say that it is a good bicycle? I have a road bike that
> I like, in all respects, except that sometimes it loses the chain or
> does not switch as well as I would like. I do not know if these
> Schwinns are any better or not, it seems to be OK made, but I do not
> know if it is a better ibke or not. Thanks
>
> [email protected]

That's a perfectly nice bicycle. Not real high end, but not a pile
either. I couldn't tell you if it's "better" than your other bike
because you didn't tell us what it is.

Joe Bernard wrote:

> That's a perfectly nice bicycle. Not real high end, but not a pile
> either. I couldn't tell you if it's "better" than your other bike
> because you didn't tell us what it is.

One of my friends is starting to ride again and I met him coming out of
the LBS with his Le Tour. It is a really nice looking bike, and his
definitely was after a fresh tuneup, new tires and tubes, etc. I forgot
to ask him what tires and rims he was running. I am used to skinny
(23C) near slicks. What wheels do the Le Tours come with? What tires
might they run?