Schwinn Peloton Ltd '07 - Opinions?

Being new to road bikes I don't know much about em', as a matter fact I don't even have a bike yet. But one of the bikes I was looking at was a Schwinn (Fastback) but the guys I spoke to all said the pelotons are good bikes.
Goog luck with your new bike.

Schwinn road bikes are starting to make their way to the streets. However, one state college out by me is sponsored by Schwinn and most riders I've heard like the bikes. When looking close at one of the student's bikes, I noticed the decals were off by a little bit. If you want a sharp looking bike and a dependable bike, I'd say to stick with something proven (Cervelo, Trek, Giant, etc.). It's not that Schwinn doesn't make nice bikes, but just that they are still, in many peoples eyes, re-entering the market and are somewhat new to everything.

Rudy, I understand they are making a comeback, other than components, what makes one frame better than the other if they are the same meterial?

rudycyclist said:
Schwinn road bikes are starting to make their way to the streets. However, one state college out by me is sponsored by Schwinn and most riders I've heard like the bikes. When looking close at one of the student's bikes, I noticed the decals were off by a little bit. If you want a sharp looking bike and a dependable bike, I'd say to stick with something proven (Cervelo, Trek, Giant, etc.). It's not that Schwinn doesn't make nice bikes, but just that they are still, in many peoples eyes, re-entering the market and are somewhat new to everything.

Interesting. I wouldn't call Cervelo dependable - the carbon R3 is a frame that quite a few of the local racers have managed to damage. Always replaced under warranty, but there's gotta be a design flaw somewhere there.

thx

i was talking to a schwinn rep, and he said they did alot of testing on the frame and managed to break i think a cervelo, and trek oclv, dont quote me but it was some other highend frames. i think they were doing a bb stress test. now this is comeing from a reps mouth is it true or false, who knows, would i ride one... yes, if it was given to me for free, would i buy it, no... it's a schwinn. Not to bash it but i want something different, hell i wouldent even take a Trek. I know they are good quality but everyone and there mom has one.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
i was talking to a schwinn rep, and he said they did alot of testing on the frame and managed to break i think a cervelo, and trek oclv, dont quote me but it was some other highend frames. i think they were doing a bb stress test. now this is comeing from a reps mouth is it true or false, who knows, would i ride one... yes, if it was given to me for free, would i buy it, no... it's a schwinn. Not to bash it but i want something different, hell i wouldent even take a Trek. I know they are good quality but everyone and there mom has one.

If I had deep pockets, I'd be looking for something a little more unique (the Look 595 has always appealed to me), but I get a great team price on Schwinns, so I'll get the full bike for less than a 595 frame.

thx

ya thats true, you cant beat the price of the schwinn. They are low balling there bikes to get back into the market. I Do like the GT road bikes too.