schwinn peloton vs cannondale synapse 5

aimeedi

Jun 1, 2010
I am torn between the Schwinn peloton with full carbon and schimano 105 all over plus ultegra rear derailers or the cannondale synapse 5 with carbon fork and full schimano105.

The price is exactly the same, the cannondale comes from a delaer who does lifetime tune ups for free, the schwinn only has the 1 year of tune ups from the dealer.

What do you recommend? Advice really appreciated.

aimeedi said:
I am torn between the Schwinn peloton with full carbon and schimano 105 all over plus ultegra rear derailers or the cannondale synapse 5 with carbon fork and full schimano105.

The price is exactly the same, the cannondale comes from a delaer who does lifetime tune ups for free, the schwinn only has the 1 year of tune ups from the dealer.

What do you recommend? Advice really appreciated.
A lifetime of free tune ups could be a great benefit if you NEVER move ... and, if you never get another bike.

MOST tune ups are pretty simple & you should probably learn how to do them IF ONLY to preclude being frustrated while on the side of the road when something goes amiss.

So, without looking at the particulars of the two bikes, I would probably choose the Schwinn because the Ultegra rear derailleur is marginally better than the 105 rear derailleur ... only, marginally.

BTW. MOST bike shops should have their 2010 inventory on sale at-or-near the beginning of JULY ... they need to plan for 2011 inventory which starts rolling up to their back door in September. Look for a 20+% reduction from MSRP in about 30 days if it hasn't already occurred.