Schwinn Poly-Tech Lub

eganders

Guest
About 10 to 15 years ago I bought a spray can of Schwinn Poly-Tech
Lubricant. I found it one if not the best chain lubricant I have ever
used. Has anyone ever heard of it and, if so, what is your opinion of
it and do you know where to get more? I find it was good for many
lubrication tasks. It had Teflon in it, but there appeared to be a
waxy base to it. It did not hold dirt well, but it still had a good
film.

I am down to about 5% of it left and would sure like to find some.

eganders wrote:
> About 10 to 15 years ago I bought a spray can of Schwinn Poly-Tech
> Lubricant. I found it one if not the best chain lubricant I have
> ever
> used. Has anyone ever heard of it and, if so, what is your opinion
> of
> it and do you know where to get more? I find it was good for many
> lubrication tasks. It had Teflon in it, but there appeared to be a
> waxy base to it. It did not hold dirt well, but it still had a good
> film.
>
> I am down to about 5% of it left and would sure like to find some.

You might want to check out DuPont Multi Use Teflon lube--I haven't
tried it myself but some folks are raving about it on the motorcycle
newsgroups.

Here's a review
http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-chain-lube.htm.

You can get it at Lowes in an aerosol or from Amazon in a 2 ounce
squeeze bottle.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

On Aug 24, 10:36 am, "J. Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote:
> eganders wrote:
> > About 10 to 15 years ago I bought a spray can of Schwinn Poly-Tech
> > Lubricant. I found it one if not the best chain lubricant I have
> > ever
> > used. Has anyone ever heard of it and, if so, what is your opinion
> > of
> > it and do you know where to get more? I find it was good for many
> > lubrication tasks. It had Teflon in it, but there appeared to be a
> > waxy base to it. It did not hold dirt well, but it still had a good
> > film.

> > I am down to about 5% of it left and would sure like to find some.

> You might want to check out DuPont Multi Use Teflon lube--I haven't
> tried it myself but some folks are raving about it on the motorcycle
> newsgroups.
>
> Here's a reviewhttp://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-ch....
>
> You can get it at Lowes in an aerosol or from Amazon in a 2 ounce
> squeeze bottle.

thanx for reminding me! I always forget to get a bottle when I'm at
Lowes. It's indeed the best all round bike lube I've used. I like
White Lightning as well, but more for things like squeaky saddle
parts and cables.

On Aug 24, 11:36 am, "J. Clarke" <[email protected]> wrote:
> eganders wrote:
> > About 10 to 15 years ago I bought a spray can ofSchwinnPoly-Tech
> > Lubricant. I found it one if not the best chain lubricant I have
> > ever
> > used. Has anyone ever heard of it and, if so, what is your opinion
> > of
> > it and do you know where to get more? I find it was good for many
> > lubrication tasks. It had Teflon in it, but there appeared to be a
> > waxy base to it. It did not hold dirt well, but it still had a good
> > film.

> > I am down to about 5% of it left and would sure like to find some.

> You might want to check out DuPont Multi Use Teflon lube--I haven't
> tried it myself but some folks are raving about it on the motorcycle
> newsgroups.
>
> Here's a reviewhttp://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcycle-chain-lube/dupont-teflon-ch....
>
> You can get it at Lowes in an aerosol or from Amazon in a 2 ounce
> squeeze bottle.

> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)