Schwinn S-30 Same frame as the 2002 Mesa DSX

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Danny Alcott, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. Danny Alcott

    Danny Alcott Guest

    I have a Schwinn S-30 I bought last spring at wally world for 200$ a big up grade from the
    roadmaster I had been riding around for the last 9 years. I ride about 2 miles a day round trip to
    work and a few miles around town with the kid's in the evenings. We have no curb and gutters in town
    so most streets have small water ways and culverts under the side walks and drive ways witch make
    for some fun little jumps and drop offs On the weekend's we do some off road riding field roads (I
    live in northern Iowa) and a few trails and a little XC type stuff along some old train tracks and
    what ever we can find around here. From what I can find on the web the S-30 has the same frame as
    the Mesa DSX. My question is would this frame be worth upgrading the drive train to Deore or LX
    9speed. I have put Deore disc hubs and rhyno lite rims on it with deore disc brakes. I enjoy working
    on the bikes as much as riding even on the old roadmaster I over hauled all bearings once a year and
    managed to keep the cheap SIS shifting working fairly smooth. I was impressed with the difference
    the new hubs and brakes made in how the bike rode.

    Danny

    Tags:

  2. Danny Alcott

    Danny Alcott Guest

    "Danny Alcott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Schwinn S-30 I bought last spring at wally world for 200$
    A link to what I have

    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1913347&cat=5304&type=
    5&dept=4125&path=0%3A4125%3A4178%3A4183%3A5304

    > From what I can find on the web the S-30 has the same frame as the Mesa
    DSX. A link to the Mesa DSX

    http://store.schwinn.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=873984&ca
    t_num=49081&prmenbr=177&CGRY_NUM=49086&cgrfnbr=49081