schwinn spinner- How old? worth getting??

lantana

Jan 14, 2008
:confused: ...

I am in desperate need of a good spinner to get back on my exercise routine. I have the Schwinn 113 upright magnetic bike and it is terrible (numerous problems and bad build) I cannot get a good workout on it, and its painful for my knees, which are prone to many problems (dislocated 5 times in the past).

Should I be worried about the age of this spinner below? Seller says 6 yrs approx, does that look correct from the pics? Can anyone recognize the make/model/style of this spinner?? Is this a good deal? I can't afford to dish out $1000 for a brand new one on amazon...this one is priced at $200. It's said to have a brand new chain on it.

This is being offered on a local site for my city (only pic I have), from a person who when I googled, saw he actually owns a bike shop, thoughts??... TIA for any help whatsoever:)

spinner.jpg

anyone? The person is waiting to hear from me, so any quick help would be wonderful! :) TIA :)

Other than the chain (which has been replaced) and the gears (which I presume are steel), what can wear out?

You should probably buy it.

alfeng said:
Other than the chain (which has been replaced) and the gears (which I presume are steel), what can wear out?

You should probably buy it.
I ended up 'buying' it but they ended up not having it. Shady deal. Anyways I was just more curious if anyone knows the name and year of this bike from what you can see in the pic? Maybe its too hard to tell. I'm no expert on spinners yet. Doesn't really matter though now haha. Thanks!

lantana said:
I ended up 'buying' it but they ended up not having it. Shady deal.
Maybe, maybe not ...

With USED items, you have to strike-while-the-iron is-hot ... unless you had given them a deposit, most sellers will sell an item to the first person who has cash-in-hand.