Schwinn Traveler 12 Speed

1 CycleNut

Jul 13, 2004
:) Anybody out there into old schwinn lightweights? I have several, my favorite is my old traveler 12 speed all shimano EXAGE Red n Silver.... I love this bike! Anybody else got one? Name some of your other old Schwinns you may have ? Thanks Terry S.............:D

Well thanks for the post, could you help me? i looking for a good bike that isnt to expensive im 16 so i dont got lots of money looking for a job to buy at least a 800 dollar bike but school cuts into everything. i was thinking about buying a schwin traveler because its in my budget of 300 dollars. i have a couple questions is it light? whats the frame made out of? is it comfortable on long bike rides? Is it a good bike to go fast on. I want a bike i can use to bike with my friends and as i ride to school. Would this bike fit my needs? Sorry for the questions and if i spelt anything wrong i got dislexia so i tend too be a bad speller. Thank and have a great time biking /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Hello Friends,

I see two things you have that I don't, the GX lettering on the QR for the brakes (makes the bike faster lol joke) and the down tube shifters. I am wandering if they both have the same specs on the drive train. Worth me actually looking. I see you listed yours so I will take a gander and get those posted.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

gaadi.com