Sciatica from biking?

Pendejo

Apr 8, 2006
I've been plagued intermittently with a lower back ache, on both sides, from the lower back into the top of the butt(ocks). I've been unable to connect the onsets with anything in particular and I've been trying to ignore it. Today I did some internet research, and oh oh, the locations are where the sciatic nerves are. However, the articles generally indicate that in sciatica the pain goes down the back of the leg, even below the knee. Mine doesn't get to the legs at all.

Does anyone have any experience with similar?

Getting old should be reserved for young people, who are much better positioned to deal with it.

I'm not a doctor, nor do i claim to be one, so don't quote me, but could it be that your just getting a better core strength? or that your just sore?

FWIW When my lower back hurts I increase vitamin C intake and/or decrease foods that are copper(antagonist to vit c) sources like coffee, chocolate, oatmeal etc. If I am able to I do leg lift type crunches to strengthen lower abs and straighten the curve in the lower back that tends to get worse as you get older.

Pendejo said:
I've been plagued intermittently with a lower back ache, on both sides, from the lower back into the top of the butt(ocks). I've been unable to connect the onsets with anything in particular and I've been trying to ignore it. Today I did some internet research, and oh oh, the locations are where the sciatic nerves are. However, the articles generally indicate that in sciatica the pain goes down the back of the leg, even below the knee. Mine doesn't get to the legs at all.

Does anyone have any experience with similar?

Getting old should be reserved for young people, who are much better positioned to deal with it.