SCO - linux - bicycle (almost on topic)

Status

Ian Smith

Guest
This morning I was reading (as you do) the motion SCO filed in Utah against IBM (if this means
nothing to you, don't worry). I found the following interesting snippet in teh supporting
statements bit:

"Prior to IBM's involvement, Linux was the software equivalent of a bicycle. UNIX was the software
equivalent of a luxury car."

So there you have it - before IBM stuck its oar in linux was efficient, cheap, reliable and easy to
use, unlike nasty, bloated, polluting, overly complex Unix.

regards, Ian Smith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Jim Price

Guest
Ian Smith wrote:
> This morning I was reading (as you do) the motion SCO filed in Utah against IBM (if this means
> nothing to you, don't worry). I found the following interesting snippet in teh supporting
> statements bit:
>
> "Prior to IBM's involvement, Linux was the software equivalent of a bicycle. UNIX was the software
> equivalent of a luxury car."
>
> So there you have it - before IBM stuck its oar in linux was efficient, cheap, reliable and easy
> to use, unlike nasty, bloated, polluting, overly complex Unix.

As they use a Darth Maul style logo (well, a devil, actually), does that make FreeBSD a recumbent?

Jim Price

Status
Not open for further replies.