SCO - linux - bicycle (almost on topic)

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian Smith, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    This morning I was reading (as you do) the motion SCO filed in Utah against IBM (if this means
    nothing to you, don't worry). I found the following interesting snippet in teh supporting
    statements bit:

    "Prior to IBM's involvement, Linux was the software equivalent of a bicycle. UNIX was the software
    equivalent of a luxury car."

    So there you have it - before IBM stuck its oar in linux was efficient, cheap, reliable and easy to
    use, unlike nasty, bloated, polluting, overly complex Unix.

    regards, Ian Smith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Ian Smith wrote:
    > This morning I was reading (as you do) the motion SCO filed in Utah against IBM (if this means
    > nothing to you, don't worry). I found the following interesting snippet in teh supporting
    > statements bit:
    >
    > "Prior to IBM's involvement, Linux was the software equivalent of a bicycle. UNIX was the software
    > equivalent of a luxury car."
    >
    > So there you have it - before IBM stuck its oar in linux was efficient, cheap, reliable and easy
    > to use, unlike nasty, bloated, polluting, overly complex Unix.

    As they use a Darth Maul style logo (well, a devil, actually), does that make FreeBSD a recumbent?

    Jim Price