Scored me a Repair Stand

"Sasha" <sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> Well I know that I certainly cannot get past the flash intro.
> Consequently, I still know nothing about Gripsport or their
> products, apart from what is written in this thread. I think this is
> a very valid criticism.

Why is that, because you don't have Flash? It's not just the intro that's
the problem - although you should be able to skip it - it's that the entire
site is in Flash (and it's not very well done).

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS said:
it's that the entire site is in Flash (and it's not very well done).
?

Oh dear.

how does one spell that sound the 'incorrect' buzzer on the 'Price is Right'?

here goes...

"Baabbommmmm"

flyingdutch said:
Oh dear.

how does one spell that sound the 'incorrect' buzzer on the 'Price is Right'?

here goes...

"Baabbommmmm"
Jesus H Tap-dancing Christ! I find it hard to believe that someone (earlier) in this thread actually reffered to ME being catty!

Well thank you ALL so much for the constructive critisism here on this (that's right... it really is meant to be a) CYCLING forum. I've enjoyed my three minutes here immensly, but I think I might go hang around a web design forum instead... the people might have more manners AND I might get to talk bikes more.

Grip said:
Jesus H Tap-dancing Christ! I find it hard to believe that someone (earlier) in this thread actually reffered to ME being catty!

Well thank you ALL so much for the constructive critisism here on this (that's right... it really is meant to be a) CYCLING forum. I've enjoyed my three minutes here immensly, but I think I might go hang around a web design forum instead... the people might have more manners AND I might get to talk bikes more.

Aaaw sheeet!
wasnt meant to come across like that. was searching for a subtle/nicer way to say he was wrong! Musta been that lack of oxygen after too many uphill sprints at Kew this morning :( ('Mr Anerobic made me do it')

Warning: pale attempt to get thread back onto bikestuff
"So if Jesus rode a bike, what would he ride?"

http://www.castlecraft.com/seacycle.htm

Grip said:
Jesus H Tap-dancing Christ! I find it hard to believe that someone (earlier) in this thread actually reffered to ME being catty!

Well thank you ALL so much for the constructive critisism here on this (that's right... it really is meant to be a) CYCLING forum. I've enjoyed my three minutes here immensly, but I think I might go hang around a web design forum instead... the people might have more manners AND I might get to talk bikes more.

incidentally Grip
when I tried to download your pdf catalogue I got a:
The requested URL /pubs/uploaded_pubs/4318839Grip Catalogue coming.PDF was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i was interested in your tow-bar carrier as looks like it attaches on the bottom bracket of the bike without crushing my expensive carbon tubes:) I presume that it won't crush my bottom bracket or cranks:)) A close-up of the attachment method and a larger view of the rack itself would be helpful.
regards
Prof Tournesol

Grip said:
Jesus H Tap-dancing Christ! I find it hard to believe that someone (earlier) in this thread actually reffered to ME being catty!

Well thank you ALL so much for the constructive critisism here on this (that's right... it really is meant to be a) CYCLING forum. I've enjoyed my three minutes here immensly, but I think I might go hang around a web design forum instead... the people might have more manners AND I might get to talk bikes more.
Don't mind DRS, we usually keep him in the cellar with deranged cousin Ruprecht, and forgot this time to tell him to be nice to the visitors, and not bite the heads off kittens, and stuff like that. Sorry.

As for the winged Orangeman, I'm sure we can find a suitable punishment for his unmannerly surliness. He's not usually like this. Force him to ride a Surly for a week or two, maybe?

M "wannabe list moderator" H

P.S. I didn't know Roman Palestinians invented the tapdance. You lean something new every day :)

flyingdutch said:
hey. back off fella! :D

Flash is way too un-replaceable for doing software demo's or games.

Personally i think you would all be far better off un-installing Powerpoint!!!!
The single biggest killer of the English language!$@$###!!$!!!!!

Why use syntax when you can paraphrase in bullet points?
Or cram War-n-peace onto the one page
Or make everything move/transition??
Or use diagrams complex enough to make even Barry 'pik-a-box' whince
Or, Or, Or ... step away from the keyboard :rolleyes:
Agree with you (cf. Don Watson - "Weasel Words" entry on it) about powerpoint, or as a hippie friend of mine calls it, 'powertrip'

but

design is evolutionary

enough of the hedgetrimmers on the bike component-designer poppies of more than median height, already (and their web designers). So come on, X- 'berts', offer to do the job better yourselves.

M "not into hiding behind a keyboard to shield oneself from ricocheted insults" H

mfhor said:
As for the winged Orangeman, I'm sure we can find a suitable punishment for his unmannerly surliness. He's not usually like this. Force him to ride a Surly for a week or two, maybe?

The cellar-dweller brings out the ugly-dutch in moi

A surly? YES please!!!!

one of them Pink limited edition ones, please. with discs please.
and lots of other stuff i know little about but would love to learn the hard way

flyingdutch said:
The cellar-dweller brings out the ugly-dutch in moi

A surly? YES please!!!!

one of them Pink limited edition ones, please. with discs please.
and lots of other stuff i know little about but would love to learn the hard way
My cro-mo hardtail frame cost waaaayyy less than they're askin' . . . .

Q: why has 'attitude' taken over from substance in MTB? Is it coz there's nothin (a la "The Truman Show" out there beyond the basics? It's all a marketing gyp?

A: ?

mfhor said:
My cro-mo hardtail frame cost waaaayyy less than they're askin' . . . .

Q: why has 'attitude' taken over from substance in MTB? Is it coz there's nothin (a la "The Truman Show" out there beyond the basics? It's all a marketing gyp?

A: ?

wouldnt do that dosh meselfs on such a thing. thawt you were givin them away :D

Re your question. Guess its like any sport/activity that becomes big/established. Sooner or later all kinds of variations/fringe groups/media-friendly/sellability to yooof of today

Off to the shed to put some new rubbers on my new bikerack. very 'Grip'py :D

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]
> DRS Wrote:
>> it's that the entire site is in Flash (and it's not very well done).
>> ?

> Oh dear.
>
> how does one spell that sound the 'incorrect' buzzer on the 'Price is
> Right'?
>
> here goes...
>
> "Baabbommmmm"

Yeah, my bad on that one. It doesn't change the fact that the design is
fundamentally awful.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Grip" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> Well thank you ALL so much for the constructive critisism here on this
> (that's right... it really is meant to be a) CYCLING forum. I've

It's called thread drift. You're welcome to try to stop it any time you
like, King Canute.

> enjoyed my three minutes here immensly, but I think I might go hang
> around a web design forum instead... the people might have more
> manners AND I might get to talk bikes more.

What bad manners? You really need to get out more.

--

A: Top-posters.

Grip wrote:
> production one... we use the same size material for a number of
> different products PLUS square tubing actually provides for more
> stability BECAUSE it wont allow the head to rotate about the post. This
> is a pic of our bench mounted stand the way it is originally... the
> silver "adapter" is for height adjustment and will simply lift straight
> off leaving the "post" only.
> [image:
> http://www.gripsport.com.au/images/products/thumbs/60649203GS012 Pro Bench.jpg]

heres a friendly tip; file and folder names should always be alphanumerical and characters '-' and '.'

putting spaces and other special characters in the file and folder names just upsets software and people =)
i've beem waging a war at work to get folks not to put the charactere & and $ into folder names,
as it upsets out back software =(

also do the repair stands have holes on the base to bolt to the floor?

cheers,

Kim