Scott 24 Hour - Entries are open

Bucket Master

May 18, 2007
Australia’s largest and longest running 24 hour race is celebrating its 10th year. Entries are open for the 2008 Scott 24hr MTB Race so get your mates together, enter a team and be part of a Decade of Dirt.

The Scott 24hr MTB Race, which has been described as “the Woodstock of mountain biking”, is a festival style 24hr mountain biking event which caterers to riders ranging from beginner to elite. The Scott 24hr brings people together to really enjoy a weekend of mountain biking with mates.

Over the years the location and name of the race has changed, but the one thing that hasn’t changed is that this is the original and the best 24Hr mountain bike race in Australia – and now it’s the biggest in the world - again!

Don’t miss this great opportunity to ride Mount Stromlo - the venue for the 2008 UCI Nissan Mountain Bike World Cup August 30/31 and the 2009 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships. All of these race are brought to you by Canberra Off-Road Cyclists (CORC)

Click here to register your team now

I was speaking with the course designer today and he has some nice little surprses in store. There will be some new linking single trail on the blue lap

This lap will include part of the beginner down hill (western wedgetail) and mountain view. He says that the single track to fire road ratio will remain at around 75% to 25%.

The red lap will also include some of the Westrn Wedgetail as well as Skyline and the berm track :D

Should be sweet

So the course director took me on a lap yesterday and let me say it looks sweet out there. Sure there was some sleet coming in from the west but as we turned back east down skyline the sun was shining and the rainbow over the event village was something to behold...just wish I had my little sony cyber shot.

For those who dont know Stromlo Forest Park maps and such can be found here