Scott Bicycles

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Dave A, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. Dave A

    Dave A Guest

    Lama,

    if you don't mind me asking?

    Have you done a deal meaning you need to "upgrade" all your bikes to
    Scott's?

    Does this deal include anybody else?
    (I saw Jaywoo on his SS last night and gave him the "nod" but I only
    realised it was his at the very last second)



    Cheers
    Dave.
     
    Tags:


  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    I'm on the new Brunswick St Cycles (Elizabeth st) / Scott roadie team... so this means I'm now riding Scott bikes! :)


    cheers,
    lama
     
  3. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > Dave A Wrote:
    > >
    > > Have you done a deal meaning you need to "upgrade" all your bikes to
    > > Scott's?
    > >

    >
    > I'm on the new Brunswick St Cycles (Elizabeth st) / Scott roadie
    > team... so this means I'm now riding Scott bikes! :)


    What happened to top gear? How fickle the loyalty of a grade riders
    .....
     
  4. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    heh, I only got a cheap top and knicks from them... for the Doherty.. to look nice.. and because HCC do not have a 'real' club kit. 1/2 my cycling clothes went in the Salvo bin on the weekend.. keep and eye out, you may soon see a street bum in 'Mascot' kit ;)
     
  5. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > Bleve Wrote:
    > >
    > > What happened to top gear? How fickle the loyalty of a grade riders
    > > .....

    >
    > heh, I only got a cheap top and knicks from them... for the Doherty..
    > to look nice..


    Not having a go at you personally, but if any competitive riders wonder
    why shops are sometimes reluctant to support them, this is an example
    of why.
     
  6. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    It depends on the definition of 'support'.. walking into a LBS and scoring cheap kit is worlds apart from a signed riding contract. IMO stores can protect themselves nicely by having 'their' riders commit to a contract or signed agreement.

    You've echoed the concerns from TG when I first approached them. I quickly let them know I wasn't after any form of sponsorship, and I was only offering them exposure in the Doherty Tour. The fact that I've worn the kit since then is a great bonus for them :)
     
  7. Roadie_scum

    Roadie_scum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,288
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ease up.
     
  8. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    gplama wrote:

    > cycling clothes went in the Salvo bin on the weekend.. keep and eye
    > out, you may soon see a street bum in 'Mascot' kit ;)
    >
    >


    Not limited to street bums. I was out running the other night and saw a
    guy park next to a charity bin. He got out, looked around the stuff on
    the ground then stuck his arm in the bin and pulled out a bag. As I came
    past I yelled out "Stealing from the charities are you". He claimed he
    was putting stuff in but I said that was bullshit and I'd seen him since
    he pulled up. At that he got back into his car and drove off.

    DaveB
     
  9. parawolf

    parawolf New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Messages:
    865
    Likes Received:
    0
    Interesting that it is BSC, and not Melbourne Bicycle Store that claims to be Australia's Number 1 Scott Dealer, and a Scott Concept Store with all Scott products in store.

    (i'm interested because i ride a CR1 - which is way more bike than I am a rider) :)
     
  10. BT Humble

    BT Humble Guest

    DaveB wrote:
    > gplama wrote:
    >
    > > cycling clothes went in the Salvo bin on the weekend.. keep and eye
    > > out, you may soon see a street bum in 'Mascot' kit ;)
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Not limited to street bums. I was out running the other night and saw a
    > guy park next to a charity bin. He got out, looked around the stuff on
    > the ground then stuck his arm in the bin and pulled out a bag. As I came
    > past I yelled out "Stealing from the charities are you". He claimed he
    > was putting stuff in but I said that was bullshit and I'd seen him since
    > he pulled up. At that he got back into his car and drove off.


    He should go to the charity bins in the Coles/Bi-Lo carpark at Coburg.
    95% of the time the "donations" are piled up all around them...


    BTH
     
  11. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    The CR1 is an awesome machine.. I've set up the front end a little different to the Giant, and its working really well for me. I've just done my first interval session on the Plasma.. I'm yet to break it out on the open roads.... and only a week 'till the Nationals TT... :eek:
     
  12. parawolf

    parawolf New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Messages:
    865
    Likes Received:
    0

    Can I just say, friggin' sex on wheels those TT machines.
     
  13. Bleve wrote:
    > gplama wrote:
    > > Bleve Wrote:
    > > >
    > > > What happened to top gear? How fickle the loyalty of a grade riders
    > > > .....

    > >
    > > heh, I only got a cheap top and knicks from them... for the Doherty..
    > > to look nice..

    >
    > Not having a go at you personally, but if any competitive riders wonder
    > why shops are sometimes reluctant to support them, this is an example
    > of why.


    Well, only knowing the scant facts posted here, it seems to be the
    other way round.

    That is - if shops are wondering why competitive riders are so
    reluctant to support them (or change colours so easily), then this is a
    good example of why....

    Surely no-one would expect a cheap jersey and knicks to buy some sort
    of long-term loyalty?? That said - as a D-grade rider, I would happily
    sign a lifetime sponsorship deal based on such an arrangement...
    *grins*

    Cheers, and congrats gpl!!
    Abby
     
  14. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Absent Husband wrote:

    > Bleve wrote:
    > > gplama wrote:
    > > > Bleve Wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > > What happened to top gear? How fickle the loyalty of a grade riders
    > > > > .....
    > > >
    > > > heh, I only got a cheap top and knicks from them... for the Doherty..
    > > > to look nice..

    > >
    > > Not having a go at you personally, but if any competitive riders wonder
    > > why shops are sometimes reluctant to support them, this is an example
    > > of why.

    >
    > Well, only knowing the scant facts posted here, it seems to be the
    > other way round.
    >
    > That is - if shops are wondering why competitive riders are so
    > reluctant to support them (or change colours so easily), then this is a
    > good example of why....


    Our perspectives are different, but that's ok :)
     
  15. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    Messages:
    240
    Likes Received:
    0

    Yep, I'm in. I was on the fixxx doing some fuel shopping for the meat motor & stuffed if I'm going to lockup a CR1 out the front of a S.Market:eek::) Coming from a R3 I've got high expectations for a CF Mistress coz she rocked my world god bless her. I've only had the CR1 on the rollers and a short bang around the streets. Looking forward to the weekend on some real rds.
     
  16. parawolf

    parawolf New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Messages:
    865
    Likes Received:
    0
    As a D-Grade rider i'm happy to kick it around the course with my coburg club kit. However if I was a day-pass rider the equiv I guess would be the kit of the shop that I bought it from, if they had one.
     
Loading...
Loading...