Scott bikes too good to be true

rtmatlin

Oct 22, 2018
I got an add for Scott-buy.com and found some bikes 70% off. Usually if it is too good to be true then it is but has anyone heard or ordered from this site? How can the prices be so cheap?

That's a fake online store selling fake Scott bikes; there are a lot of "brand" name bikes being sold that are fakes, and if you buy one you get NO warranty whatsoever no matter what the site promises, you'll be kissing your money you thought you saved goodbye. One way to check this stuff is to go to the real manufacture's website and send them an e-mail and ask them if such and such a site is legit and if it is will they honor the factory warranty should a warranty or recall issue come up, and copy and paste the website in your message so they can look into it.

The idea of buying new is pretty surprising development to me. I don't think I ever bought a new bike in 40 years of riding. At first I bought them from bike shops and gradually when I got to understand them, from Craigslist or Ebay. Yet I have had five good bikes for sale for two years and not a bite. Meanwhile people will pay $2,000 for half the bike they could get from me for $1,000.

The idea of buying new is pretty surprising development to me. I don't think I ever bought a new bike in 40 years of riding. At first I bought them from bike shops and gradually when I got to understand them, from Craigslist or Ebay. Yet I have had five good bikes for sale for two years and not a bite. Meanwhile people will pay $2,000 for half the bike they could get from me for $1,000.

That's because you're probably GOUGING them! that's the only reason people won't buy a used bike if they think it's over priced. You can't tell them that **** about paying $2,000 for new bike will only get them half of what they could get a bike from you for a $1,000, people aren't stupid like you, you might fall for that scam but most won't. If you're really serious about selling them then reduce your price, or better yet on EBay just let the auction action dictate the price without a reserve, but don't do that till spring otherwise you'll get next to nothing now.